Inverdale earns a living by leeching onto the talents of sporting men and women. As such, their looks ought to be totally irrelevant to him, The fact that he never thinks to comment on the looks of blokes tells its own story: he sees the women not as athletes but as fanny. He's a feeble cunt and should have been bagged years ago. Doing the Beeb no favours by hanging around, like the rank aroma of an unemptied 1970's tenement bin hut.

As to the coloured comment, you're just plain wrong on that, young 'un.

Interesting that you try to depict the personification of a liberal, modern times man yet you have angst about the use of a pre-historic racial word.

Why would he comment on the appearance of men? Female tennis is an irrelevant sideshow to the relevant part of it.

I find it particularly amusing that Serena Williams is deemed worthy of a match with the magnificent Andy Murray due to her first serve despite the fact his average serve is similar to her record serve. His average serve is about 20mph + faster than hers. Oh dear.

Women's tennis presents as much significance to me as in other sports like golf and football (where a German boys club a couple of years ago tanked an international womens team)

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy

The thing is, you have to move with the times. I'm 26 and possibly things deemed ok now won't be in the future. I hate political correctness with a passion, I'm staunchly alligned with right wing, conservatism ideology and hate what the UK has become but I have a certain moral compass outlining what is acceptable and what isn't, and to me words like 'coloured' and 'paki' are just no go words that should never be used outwith the close proximity of a closed circle of friends joking. To me they go along with the likes of 'c***' and *n*****' in terms of racial words that should just not come to mind.

I don't think it's that hard to show restraint? I swear like a trooper in front of folk I'm pally with but when dealing with certain members of my family (eg not my Dad who is like me) or customers at work I use acceptable words.

I do move with the times . . . backwards. :sleep:

First, I didn't say I used any of these words. :whistling:

Second, I disagree with your Politics. :)

Third, as a young Rangers Supporter I hope you will learn as you get older. :rfc:

Interesting that you try to depict the personification of a liberal, modern times man yet you have angst about the use of a pre-historic racial word.

Why would he comment on the appearance of men? Female tennis is an irrelevant sideshow to the relevant part of it.

I find it particularly amusing that Serena Williams is deemed worthy of a match with the magnificent Andy Murray due to her first serve despite the fact his average serve is similar to her record serve. His average serve is about 20mph + faster than hers. Oh dear.

Women's tennis presents as much significance to me as in other sports like golf and football (where a German boys club a couple of years ago tanked an international womens team)

I don't know what you mean by your first point.

I would agree that female tennis is (to me) an irrelevance - I don't watch it much. But it plainly isn't to the competitors, fans, sponsors and broadcasters who either earn a living from it or enjoy watching it. Shrugging it off because neither you nor I care for it much or at all is a bit stupid. & if you or I choose to earn money from it, the least we can do it afford the people involved the respect of not leching like old man Steptoe over the merits/demerits of their apperances.

What you or I think about such matters is not the point I was making, its what people who parasitically make money from them do and say which was under question; and whether or not such people help or hurt the bodies they work for. I've no interest in what Britain is or has become in your eyes so I'll leave it at that.

I don't know what relevance it means that certain people sponsor and enjoy it. All manor of strange things get supported and endorsed. Women's tennis to me has been put put on a pedestal far greater than it deserves. Women's sport in general is a complete and utter joke. They are perfectly entitled to take part and enjoy it but they should receive monetary rewards and attention based on their ability in comparison to men.

PS - with regard to my first point, it is regarding you calling me out on the 'coloured' comment.

Edited by Ser Barristan Selmy