Guest BigSwanley
I just can't imagine employing someone to read newspapers looking for naughty digs at us and sit and type letters about it. The journalists in question would love that giving them a platform for tit for tat rants.

I would imagine his job is sorting out communications with our own support in such things as The Rangers News, Rangers TV and all other communication sources.

I know I would not be very happy at us paying a salary just to answer all the Muppets that write crap about us.

Paying such a salary must have a reason of bringing more funds into the club by improving the Rangers product surely. I would imagine that is his job. I may be wrong.

I understand what you are saying, but is Traynor the best qualified person to do that kind of thing? What kind of track record in that line of work does he have? He is a sports journalist, not a tech-savvy social media evangelist.

A couple of points. Inverdale meant nothing by his comments. She is no looker and he was trying to give her some praise.

Also, I'm surprised anyone under the age of 70 fails to comprehend the fact that 'coloured' people is offensive. It's probably been quite clearly offensive for a good 15 years. I certainly can't remember a time in my lifetime when it was deemed anything other than offensive. (I'm not all that far off 30)

Traynor was hired for the content of his little black book not his knowledge of the digital media world.

He'll be gone pretty soon. I like the guy but he is serving absolutely no purpose. Our PR is even worse under his command. I actually really like the guy but it's serving no purpose and his scripted interview with McCoist insulted my intelligence. Felt more like Big Brother or X Factor.

A couple of points. Inverdale meant nothing by his comments. She is no looker and he was trying to give her some praise.

Also, I'm surprised anyone under the age of 70 fails to comprehend the fact that 'coloured' people is offensive. It's probably been quite clearly offensive for a good 15 years. I certainly can't remember a time in my lifetime when it was deemed anything other than offensive. (I'm not all that far off 30)

OK, I'm 66 and my son told me a few years ago not to say it, fine no problem. Only trouble is 40 years ago I was told to call the blacks coloured, which we all eventually did. Now if I were to talk about someone who is black, say in the heat of the moment without thinking first, I don't know if I wouldn't say coloured.

I would mean no offense, yet what would younger folk think ?

OK, I'm 66 and my son told me a few years ago not to say it, fine no problem. Only trouble is 40 years ago I was told to call the blacks coloured, which we all eventually did. Now if I were to talk about someone who is black, say in the heat of the moment without thinking first, I don't know if I wouldn't say coloured.

Agree I left Scotland 33 years ago and it was normal to call blacks coloured. For those that remember Mark Walters was called the coloured chappy. If it wasn't for on here I would still call darker shaded people, coloured.

Inverdale earns a living by leeching onto the talents of sporting men and women. As such, their looks ought to be totally irrelevant to him, The fact that he never thinks to comment on the looks of blokes tells its own story: he sees the women not as athletes but as fanny. He's a feeble cunt and should have been bagged years ago. Doing the Beeb no favours by hanging around, like the rank aroma of an unemptied 1970's tenement bin hut.

As to the coloured comment, you're just plain wrong on that, young 'un.

The thing is, you have to move with the times. I'm 26 and possibly things deemed ok now won't be in the future. I hate political correctness with a passion, I'm staunchly alligned with right wing, conservatism ideology and hate what the UK has become but I have a certain moral compass outlining what is acceptable and what isn't, and to me words like 'coloured' and 'paki' are just no go words that should never be used outwith the close proximity of a closed circle of friends joking. To me they go along with the likes of 'c***' and *n*****' in terms of racial words that should just not come to mind.

I don't think it's that hard to show restraint? I swear like a trooper in front of folk I'm pally with but when dealing with certain members of my family (eg not my Dad who is like me) or customers at work I use acceptable words.