Now one year on, just where are the dearly (and not so dearly)...departed

Naismith in particular really let both himself, the club & the fans down big time when he fell for the PFA Scotland and anti-Rangers propaganda last year, then went on camera and regurgitated it saying it was a different club without the history (can't remember the exact words, so that's not a quote!).

Lafferty appeared to just kind of slither out the back door and the less said about him, the better tbh.

Agreed. And Naismith maybe did fall for propaganda but his own comments about the Chairman / new owners not knocking on his door to explain the situation was terrible. He didn't need the media to put that in his head. How dare the owner not go to see him as an individual eh!!

He honoured his contract, to me that's a key difference.

If he had honoured his contract he'd still be with us. He hung around to see what the outcome would be. To me that's the only difference.

If we'd stayed in the SPL or been relegated to Div1 he'd probably still be here, but we weren't. He wanted to go and we let him. If we hadn't done so, I doubt very much that you'd be singling him out for praise right now.

If he had honoured his contract he'd still be with us. He hung around to see what the outcome would be. To me that's the only difference.

If we'd stayed in the SPL or been relegated to Div1 he'd probably still be here, but we weren't. He wanted to go and we let him. If we hadn't done so, I doubt very much that you'd be singling him out for praise right now.

I would be, i've said consistently I had no problem if players transferred their contracts and put in transfer requests straight away. Bedoya didn't do much for us but he was still a USA international and playing in Division 3 would have likely ended that.

I would be, i've said consistently I had no problem if players transferred their contracts and put in transfer requests straight away. Bedoya didn't do much for us but he was still a USA international and playing in Division 3 would have likely ended that.

There's a difference between handing in a transfer request and asking to be released from your contract. I'm not saying Bedoya asked, but that's what he got. Do you think McGregor, Davis, Naismith etc. would have been so lucky? How do you think Green would have tried to shift all the blame onto the players in that instance?

There's a difference between handing in a transfer request and asking to be released from your contract. I'm not saying Bedoya asked, but that's what he got. Do you think McGregor, Davis, Naismith etc. would have been so lucky? How do you think Green would have tried to shift all the blame onto the players in that instance?

As far as I can remember we didn't release him, we just let him transfer on a free, as clearly we weren't getting much in the way of money offers for him.

Likes of McGregor and Naismith were much more valuable assets and while we wouldn't have got near full market value for them I think we'd have got something, and therefore there wouldn't be a need to let them leave on frees.

As far as I can remember we didn't release him, we just let him transfer on a free, as clearly we weren't getting much in the way of money offers for him.

Likes of McGregor and Naismith were much more valuable assets and while we wouldn't have got near full market value for them I think we'd have got something, and therefore there wouldn't be a need to let them leave on frees.

Bedoya was and still is a US international and with the length of contract he had remaining he had to be worth at least £500k. He had less than 6 months on his contract with �rebro when we agreed terms and yet we still had to pay a fee for him.

We released him from his contract so that he was free to move just like Foster recently had to negotiate to be released from his contract with Bristol City. We didn't wait to see if any offers came in for him. We couldn't get his relatively meager salary off the wage bill quick enough as soon as he signalled that he wanted away.

Yet somehow you think we could have afforded to sustain the huge salaries of our top earners in the hope that it would pay off?

Bedoya was and still is a US international and with the length of contract he had remaining he had to be worth at least £500k. He had less than 6 months on his contract with �rebro when we agreed terms and yet we still had to pay a fee for him.

We released him from his contract so that he was free to move just like Foster recently had to negotiate to be released from his contract with Bristol City. We didn't wait to see if any offers came in for him. We couldn't get his relatively meager salary off the wage bill quick enough as soon as he signalled that he wanted away.

Yet somehow you think we could have afforded to sustain the huge salaries of our top earners in the hope that it would pay off?

Yet i've checked the date and he never went to Helsingborg until August the 10th.

We'd have to have sustained it, with TUPE everyone transfers over, you can't pick and choose.

Yet i've checked the date and he never went to Helsingborg until August the 10th.

Which was less than a month ater we were voted into Div3. Didn't take him too long to find a new club who were gearing up for CL qualifiers then did it?

We'd have to have sustained it, with TUPE everyone transfers over, you can't pick and choose.

As it was we had directors making short term loans and Malcolm Murray paying the electricity bill. If we'd have kept a hold of all those players it would have required close to 150k/wk ...which I would say is a little bit more than a whip round from Chuck & pals could handle.