Now one year on, just where are the dearly (and not so dearly)...departed

all the players did what was right for them.

at a push in Wallace case that was also what was good for rangers. pretty much everyone else from the senior squad shafted rangers.

I would push for Davis too. Or was it that Soton agreed that we should receive a transfer fee? Likewise Aluko. His contract was up and I am not sure whether he was obliged to take up the offered extention, or Green in a position to activate any clause that would contractually bind him to the club.

I'm pretty sure Bedoya turned up for training and transferred his contract.

He turned up for training the same as his compatriots only to find out he'd be playing in the 4th tier of Scottish football and most of his teammates had already jumped ship. He then did likewise at the first opportunity. I'm not having a go at him. He was looking out for number one. There's just not much difference between him and the rest. That's all.

He turned up for training the same as his compatriots only to find out he'd be playing in the 4th tier of Scottish football and most of his teammates had already jumped ship. He then did likewise at the first opportunity. I'm not having a go at him. He was looking out for number one. There's just not much difference between him and the rest. That's all.

He honoured his contract, to me that's a key difference.

You have to wonder how we could have possibly afforded them all had they all transferred. Was it a blessing in disguise?

we couldn't have afforded them but could have got transfer fees for them, albeit much reduced.

Does anyone know if the club is still pursuing the five for breach of contract? that seems to have gone quiet

As time has went on the action of some of those listed has gotten more cringe worthy especially from the so called boyhood followers. I have different opinions on different players.

It was a catch 22 situation, we couldn't afford to keep them but we needed transfer fees. But CG did state that players would be allowed to move on with fees.

Aluko's case was different, his deal expired and there is no way we could offer him a new one. But players like Whittaker, Naismith and Lafferty sat in the treatment room being handsomely for large part of their Gers time. Its mainly those 3 who wouldn't be welcomed back to Ibrox for me.

Others careers have went backwards. Ness doesn't kick a ball for Stoke and Wylde has ended up at Pittodrie.

But players like Whittaker, Naismith and Lafferty sat in the treatment room being handsomely for large part of their Gers time. Its mainly those 3 who wouldn't be welcomed back to Ibrox for me.

Naismith in particular really let both himself, the club & the fans down big time when he fell for the PFA Scotland and anti-Rangers propaganda last year, then went on camera and regurgitated it saying it was a different club without the history (can't remember the exact words, so that's not a quote!).

Lafferty appeared to just kind of slither out the back door and the less said about him, the better tbh.