Your all time XI

I'm only a couple of years younger than you I think Gribz, yet I don't remember Robertson too well and so would probably have to go with Numan at LB.

Same goes for Butcher and Stevens really actually. My team wouldn't be too far away from that. Would probably be looking for a place for Barry Ferguson though, as divisive as that may be.

Yes mate early 30s :thup:

Im with you RE Stevens and Butcher, I was bit young to appreciate them but I still know they are class in their positions - Butcher especially. Imagine Rangers signing John Terry today. It would be like that. Right back is the position where we haven't had outstanding candidates. Hutton on his day was close to it and Porrini did well filling in, but I always recall Stevens whipping in crosses and getting down the wing.

Davie Robertson was immense for me. If it wasn't that we got a class act in Numan to replace him then we'd still be talking about him. One of the most under rated Scottish players ever. Plus he went to same school as me so Id have him in. Numan was top notch all the same.

No greig,no Baxter? and mols and mccoist,? I guess you never got to watch Stein or the most prolific

Scorer in Ragers history,Jim. forrest.

As said, players that you have seen! I wasn't born when Greig and Baxter played nor Stein. Feel free to have them in your team...that's what its all about.

Soon we'll have youngsters on here posting there best team as the following....nothing wrong with it but its a generation thing.

________McGregor___________

Hutton Cuellar Bougherra Wallace

Naismith Ferguson Hemdani Novo

_______Prso Aluko___________

Your harping on about Laudrup yet you have put Gazza on the right of midfield. Debate over! :fish:

Goram

Hutton Gough Cuellar Numan

Gazza Ferguson Albertz

De Boer Mols Laudrup

Bench:

Klos

Butcher

Robertson

Arteta

Van Bronkhorst

Amoruso

Prso

That's a shocking post. You are missing the point and dismissing other peoples opinions. You don't have the fact, you only have your opinion which is respected but not agreed with. Get over it son.

I have more confidence in Laudrup being a left winger than I do of 1 + 1 equalling 2.

That's a shocking post. You are missing the point and dismissing other peoples opinions. You don't have the fact, you only have your opinion which is respected but not agreed with. Get over it son.

That let me to lift the ignore option and check it ... only to put the curtain back down again. The topic is in many way subjective, as people tend to agree on many things here, but have their own preferred style of play for our team. Butcher, Laudrup, Albertz, Aluko all were (and are) great players in their own right. Not of the same calibre, but great nonetheless. Even Jelavic and Naismith might have entered that list for footballing reasons, had they stayed on and we had not fallen into admin. It wasn't to be. Some might even put Kenny Miller into the striker's frame, for his second spell at the club. Others Kevin Drinkell or Robert Fleck. Hence I said that picking "one" all time eleven is quite difficult indeed. Next time, we might try a team of the 80s, 90s, and so on.

I've put gazza right of a midfield 3. Any attacking midfielder could play there but yes Gazza usually played AMC in a midfield 4.

Gazza would have the be the centre core in ANY midfield...2 man / 3 man / 5 man. Players can play in a few roles but Gazza was a central midfielder full stop.

I have more confidence in Laudrup being a left winger than I do of 1 + 1 equalling 2.

Me too, he can easily play there as he was such class, but he was a right sided attacker first.

During the last couple of seasons of the 9 in a row era we actually played three at the back so if Laudrup played religiously on the right or the left wing he would have had to play wing back. Laudrup always played off the striker in a free role.

Goram

Stevens Butcher Gough Numan

McCall Gazza Souness

R.DeBoer McCoist Laudrup

The goalie is easy.

Numan was in the top 2 left backs in the world when we signed him, and it was easy to see why. Stevens was mr consistency and just gets my vote ahead of Hutton was wasn't as good defensively. Butcher and Gough were easy picks, although we have had a lot of great players like Berg, F.DeBoer, Weir who wouldn't let you down either.

After that I had Laudrup, McCoist, Gazza and Ronald De Boer as instant picks. Although rdb wasn't with us long and his best years were behind him, what an outstanding player he was. He had everything and could read the game better than everyone. Gazza on his day was sublime. McCoist was simply the best finisher I have ever seen. Laudrup is the best Rangers player I have ever seen, bar none.

The final 2 spots in midfield were more difficult. Albertz, B.Ferguson, Wilkins were all great players in their time but I went for Stuart McCall as he as a al favourite of mine and would do all the are work to let my quality players do their stuff. That's why I went for only 3 in midfield as with McCall done the work of two players!

My final pick went to Souness. Again past his best by the time he came to us, but still a remarkable player. Not just an enforcer, he had great vision and always seemed to have time on the ball.

I have probably forgotten a few gems in the 27 years I have been watching the team every week, but I would certainly be confident of beating anyone with that team running out at Ibrox.

but I went for Stuart McCall as he as a al favourite of mine and would do all the are work to let my quality players do their stuff. That's why I went for only 3 in midfield as with McCall done the work of two players!

That's actually a very good shout, bud. McCall would be close to my first choice if I was putting together the best Rangers 'team' - rather than just the best XI.

A bit like Scholes at ManUtd, the whole was much greater than the sum of the parts with McCall. He's possibly the most underrated Rangers player ever.

Curious, though, that you think Hutton and Stevens were that close. The only competition I could see for Stevens at RB would have been Sandy Jardine. With Hutton, he'd beat anyone to the by line, but then would be as likely to put the ball into the stands as into the box.