________________McCloy_______________

Jardine___McPherson____Gough____Brown

Cooper_____Ferguson___Durrant___McMinn

___________Fleck_____McCoist__________

_________________Woods_______________

Stevens____Butcher___Roberts______Nichol

Steven______Wilkins____Prytz_____Walters

___________Drinkell____Francis___________

They might all talk about the influx of foreigners Souness signed in the 80's, but that was tricky to put together an XI

Edited by UCF2008

Scottish

Goram

Hutton Gough McLaren Robertson

McCall B Ferguson Cooper

McCann

McCoist Miller

Foreigners

Klos

Ricksen Amoruso Bougherra Numan

Tugay

Arteta van Bronckhorst

de Boer Laudrup

Mols

All time 11

Goram

Stevens Gough Amoruso Numan

B Ferguson

Gascoigne v.Bronckhorst

Laudrup

McCoist Mols

Goram

Jardine Butcher Dave Smith Greig

Baxter A.McDonald

Durrant --------------------------------Cooper

Stein McCoist

My view is that Numan was a better player than John Greig but Greig wins it with heart and determination.

Cooper or Laudrup for me no contest Cooper was far better. No Gazza? If Durrant was not injured then he would have been a far more productive player than Gascoigne was. Alex McDonald was IMHO better than McCall I can't remember Forrest although I may have seen him, but Colin Stein was my Hero. Agree that is a generation thing. Dave Smith is the best player we have ever had at the back. The Scottish Beckenbauer.

I know my team doesn't look right with 3 central midfielders but these were just my favourite players as a boy.

I remember Laudrup linking up with Cleland very often, in fact I used to think that Walter had told Cleland, "If in doubt, pass to Laudrup."

Cleland was mostly a right, wing back (although sometimes played on the left when required) and so I therefore remember Laudrup playing mostly on the right - although he did have a free role and was generally somewhere behind the two strikers.

My memory is that it was generally on the right of midfield in a 5-3-2 formation as Albertz was an obvious choice for the left with someone like Ian Ferguson in the middle.

Sometimes he was picked as the second striker, especially with Gascoigne in the team.