amazing the difference in attitudes

Following the failure of Coventry City FC Limited's Company Voluntary Arrangement earlier today, the Board of The Football League has considered an application by the Administrator's preferred bidder, the Otium Entertainment Group, for a transfer of the club's share in The Football League under the 'exceptional circumstances' provision of The League's Insolvency Policy.

The Board has agreed to transfer the Club's share on the basis that it accepts a 10 point deduction for the 2013/14 season. This decision will enable Coventry City to continue its membership of The Football League, despite the failure of its CVA, and participate in the 2013/14 Sky Bet League 1 season.

Football League Chairman, Greg Clarke said: "Once again, it is a source of immense frustration to everyone involved that the two parties in this dispute have failed to reach any agreement. The Board is dismayed at the level of intransigence being shown.

"Nonetheless, The League will continue with its efforts to get the two parties to enter into meaningful negotiations, so that Coventry City can return to Coventry at the earliest opportunity.

"The Board's decision means that these attempts can now be conducted against a backdrop of Coventry City as a continuing member of The Football League, rather than it having to bring an end to the Club's 94 years in league football."

Im assuming the rules are different down south, but the FA are certainly neutral when it comes to clubs. I don't think the fact that they went into Liquidation 1 day before the season starts had anything to do with it but it would have screwed up the fixture lists.

And no thanks to Fleck btw.

That would be a yes from me on Fleck. I liked him as player even though he didn't develop as well as some thought he would. I think he's best suited to playing SS, but depending on tactics and players available he would offer us a different option either up front or in midfield - not the wing. As for his attitude, I couldn't care less about that as long as the player stays out of trouble and does the job on the pitch.