Horrendous comments from McCoist

I don't think that's the point he's making at all. When he says 'the eight players will come in and help out some of those younger boys who played' I'd take that at face value. I think Ally wants more experience in his side than he had yesterday.

Does that mean the players aren't good enough? Probably some of them aren't, but if you look at yesterdays squad: Gallacher; Hegarty, McCulloch, Faure, Wallace; Black, Mitchell, Crawford, Macleod, Templeton, Little. SUBS: A Smith, Aird, McAusland, Gasparotto, McKay. That's five players in the whole squad who you could call experienced.

I think Ally follows the line of thought that you'll get inconsistency from a team with too many youngsters. I think he would probably prefer to only have a maximum of three of our best youngsters on the pitch at any one time. Maybe that figure would be slightly higher if we had some of the best youngsters in the country nevermind the world. Instead we've got some who are good, but maybe only a couple who are good enough for Rangers.

If we were free to field our summer signings in yesterdays game would it have made any difference to the result?. It probably would have, but we can't know for sure. What it would have done and what it should do come September is eliminate one potential reason ( or excuse as some might call it ) for poor results.

Your analysis is all fine and well UCF but as I said in the OP, fans should have had an apology before anything else.

Your analysis is all fine and well UCF but as I said in the OP, fans should have had an apology before anything else.

McCoist has apologised to the fans for poor results in the past. I'm sure as well that he genuinely meant it. I don't see any reason why it should be the first port of call for a manager in his after match comments following a loss though.

McCoist has apologised to the fans for poor results in the past. I'm sure as well that he genuinely meant it. I don't see any reason why it should be the first port of call for a manager in his after match comments following a loss though.
When it's losses to part time teams then I certainly think it should be, especially since we've already suffered so many similar poor results and/or performances. Also when it's exiting a cup in the first round that he and others have talked up chances of going far in.

Young team myth.

Of the starting lineup only McLeod, and subs Aird & McKay would not be an overage player in the U20's league.

The U20's league is a joke imo, but that's a different debate. You're pro-youth obviously and I respect that, but it's not about technicalities of how many players are under 20. It's about their level of experience in the game and the required balance for a consistently successul Rangers side between experience and inexperience.

When it's losses to part time teams then I certainly think it should be, especially since we've already suffered so many similar poor results and/or performances. Also when it's exiting a cup in the first round that he and others have talked up chances of going far in.

It's a new season and I'm not holding any grudges from the last one. I can see that some fans obviously are though. As for talking up our chances, if anything I got the impression Ally's been doing the opposite and trying to temper expectations for the cups over the past week or so.

It's a new season and I'm not holding any grudges from the last one. I can see that some fans obviously are though. As for talking up our chances, if anything I got the impression Ally's been doing the opposite and trying to temper expectations for the cups over the past week or so.

I don't hold grudges but I haven't wiped the slate clean either.

I read it as getting his excuses in early despite the second highest budget in the land.

Guest PhilBoersmasHamstring

I don't trust Green, I think he is an absolute opportunist and have taken all the, "Rangersitus" patter with a barrel-load of salt but the key part of statement he made on Friday stand true, namely:

".... But first and foremost, a manager has to win matches and has to win competitions. He knows he has to win the league and, in my opinion, has to win a cup as well. If he doesn't do that, he has a problem. What is happening now is not what Rangers need. Rangers need stability. If I can help with the stability, I will."

Of course, Green is interested in stability primarily because stability equals optimal share price but equally he appears to be the only person challenging the Rangers manager to do better and win better.

Ally McCoist has had all summer to prepare for Ramsden's Cup and League Cup ties in late July/early August where he knew that his new signings would not be eligible. We've been getting a line for a few weeks now that Rangers wouldn't be ready until those new players were eligible.... What nonsense.

It is the managers job to prepare for what is in front of him - whether its a bit difficult or not and whether it suits his style to bring in new faces rather than improve the existing playing staff or not.

Guest SteveJ

Disgraceful comments from Ally, to be honest. You really cannot have a major rant at a company employee for something he said last year and then use the same theory for the reason behind getting beaten.

I am not sure he can come back from this.