Horrendous comments from McCoist

"It is disappointing but, at the same time, we had a lot of disappointing results last year with the same team so I don't think we should be getting carried away," said McCoist.

"It's obviously a big disappointment, we're not kidding ourselves on, but I would fully expect, come September, to be a lot stronger in all areas.

"It's going to be a tough month for us, we've just got to get through this month, and then we will be far stronger."

Nicky Law and Jon Daly appeared as trialists in last week's 4-0 victory over Albion Rovers in the Ramsdens Cup but competition rules prevent the use of any trialists from participating in the League Cup.

McCoist added: "I'm very, very disappointed but I'm realistic. We had eight players who will play for us sitting in the stand. We should remember that.

"The eight players will come in and help out some of those younger boys who played. I'm full of confidence that we'll make the next stage in the league."

First line in particular is awful.

An apology to the fans should be the first and foremost reaction, instead it's further excuses.

Disgusting stuff from Ally. The words of a man out of his depth and completely lost. God knows how far back he has took us over the last few years, i dread to think.

If these players are not good enough then why are we paying them so much in wages? Why are we paying mediocre players so much money to play for our club? Why should we have to pay players more than other clubs to play for us? They were happy with £500 pw with provincial clubs, why then do we need to pay them a few thousand per week and then moan they are not good enough when they get found out?

We had eight players who will play for us sitting in the stand. We should remember that.

Of the 14 players the played yesterday McCoist gave EIGHT of them new contracts last season, in addition he paid a significant fee for Templeton. That only leaves McCulloch, Wallace and Little who were already at the club and "free agent" signings Faure and Black. If he doesn't think these payers are good enough, why did he sanction new contracts for so many ?

i couldn't care less how many players we had sitting in the stands, Rangers Football Club should be beating Forfar end of. There are absolutely no excuses anymore for these ever so consistent f.ups which keep on happening.

Ally seems to think there is an excuse for every occasion, he has had a far to easy ride irrespective of circumstances, the riches of a King against paupers, he should be removed now how that works after he has been allowed to sign more players I have no idea what if a new manager didn't fancy Ally's signings.

A mess from start to finish his public tantrum really should be the last straw, great player hopeless manager is my honest opinion.

the result was very poor. clearly ally doesn't think the players are good enough and thats the issue.

I don't think that's the point he's making at all. When he says 'the eight players will come in and help out some of those younger boys who played' I'd take that at face value. I think Ally wants more experience in his side than he had yesterday.

Does that mean the players aren't good enough? Probably some of them aren't, but if you look at yesterdays squad: Gallacher; Hegarty, McCulloch, Faure, Wallace; Black, Mitchell, Crawford, Macleod, Templeton, Little. SUBS: A Smith, Aird, McAusland, Gasparotto, McKay. That's five players in the whole squad who you could call experienced.

I think Ally follows the line of thought that you'll get inconsistency from a team with too many youngsters. I think he would probably prefer to only have a maximum of three of our best youngsters on the pitch at any one time. Maybe that figure would be slightly higher if we had some of the best youngsters in the country nevermind the world. Instead we've got some who are good, but maybe only a couple who are good enough for Rangers.

If we were free to field our summer signings in yesterdays game would it have made any difference to the result?. It probably would have, but we can't know for sure. What it would have done and what it should do come September is eliminate one potential reason ( or excuse as some might call it ) for poor results.

I don't think that's the point he's making at all. When he says 'the eight players will come in and help out some of those younger boys who played' I'd take that at face value. I think Ally wants more experience in his side than he had yesterday.

Does that mean the players aren't good enough? Probably some of them aren't, but if you look at yesterdays squad: Gallacher; Hegarty, McCulloch, Faure, Wallace; Black, Mitchell, Crawford, Macleod, Templeton, Little. SUBS: A Smith, Aird, McAusland, Gasparotto, McKay. That's five players in the whole squad who you could call experienced.

I think Ally follows the line of thought that you'll get inconsistency from a team with too many youngsters. I think he would probably prefer to only have a maximum of three of our best youngsters on the pitch at any one time. Maybe that figure would be slightly higher if we had some of the best youngsters in the country nevermind the world. Instead we've got some who are good, but maybe only a couple who are good enough for Rangers.

If we were free to field our summer signings in yesterdays game would it have made any difference to the result?. It probably would have, but we can't know for sure. What it would have done and what it should do come September is eliminate one potential reason ( or excuse as some might call it ) for poor results.

One of the youngsters Ally let go scored a hat trick yesterday, Kane Hemmings