Horrendous comments from McCoist

Great point. And TBH who didn't agree with Green's comments? The mistake was saying them publically. If Ally had said the same thing that we were going after the league and a cup then everyone would have said that's exactly what we should be going after.

Would we really? To me it wouldn't matter who at the club said it. It's arrogant, unsportsmanlike and unbefitting our club. I wouldn't even expect TLB to stoop so low as to start off a season by announcing to the press how they should be winning this and that competition.

Would we really? To me it wouldn't matter who at the club said it. It's arrogant, unsportsmanlike and unbefitting our club. I wouldn't even expect TLB to stoop so low as to start off a season by announcing to the press how they should be winning this and that competition.

That's why I said Green saying it publically was the mistake. But if Ally had said "our aim to win the league first and foremost then we'll give as good as we get in the cups" I wouldn't see that arrogant at all. Its just being realistic.

Down south in the English Premier you get the big clubs saying they are going to try win the 4 trophies they enter. Else what is the point of taking part? You aim for something and have season expectations. Likes of Cardiff will be saying, finishing above 18th in the league is their aim!

Why the disappointment? He's never accepted responsibility for his actions. It's always someone else's fault.

Obviously or else he wouldn't be trying to weasel his way back into power at the club. Unbelelievable. I'll tell you, if I was one of those fans who'd given Green my full support, I'd feel really let down by the way he's acted.

I feel sorry for them. I honestly do. There's still one or two nutters who think the sun shines out Greens rear end, but I think he's lost most of his support now.

[/sARCASM]

On a sidenote, Werder Bremen got kicked out of the first round of the German Cup (yep, before the season started). It was the third time in a row. And there is only that one cup.

Yeah but Werder Bremen are the Aberdeen of German football.

If it was Bayern Munich then Id raise an eyebrow.

On a sidenote, Werder Bremen got kicked out of the first round of the German Cup (yep, before the season started). It was the third time in a row. And there is only that one cup.

Werder Bremen are not Rangers and have been in decline for a few years now. Pointless comparison. Also to compare the lower league clubs in the worlds strongest footballing country to that of the lower leagues in Scotland is ridiculous.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1._FC_Saarbr%C3%BCcken

I fail to see how anyone can compare Forfar Athletic to FC Saarbrucken!