Horrendous comments from McCoist

Disgraceful comments from Ally, to be honest. You really cannot have a major rant at a company employee for something he said last year and then use the same theory for the reason behind getting beaten.

I am not sure he can come back from this.

It was in response to questions about comments made by Green in the press on the day of the game. Not about comments made last year other than Green repeating certain comments. The thing is that he does have a point. If you're a club employee or official you shouldn't be making comments to the press about how the current team is the worst ever or what competitions the team should be winning in the season ahead. It's fine for the fans to make those sort of comments, but comments from club employees should be more dignified.

On that same token McCoist probably shouldn't have said what he did about Green. He's clearly nailed his colours to the mast and left no room for doubt though.

Guest SteveJ
It was in response to questions about comments made by Green in the press on the day of the game. Not about comments made last year other than Green repeating certain comments. The thing is that he does have a point. If you're a club employee or official you shouldn't be making comments to the press about how the current team is the worst ever or what competitions the team should be winning in the season ahead. It's fine for the fans to make those sort of comments, but comments from club employees should be more dignified.

On that same token McCoist probably shouldn't have said what he did about Green. He's clearly nailed his colours to the mast and left no room for doubt though.

I have seen what Green was quoted as saying and he did not repeat the comment of Ally's team being the worst Rangers team ever - Ally just picked that from the archives.

I have seen what Green was quoted as saying and he did not repeat the comment of Ally's team being the worst Rangers team ever - Ally just picked that from the archives.

I haven't personally read any of the articles covering Green's comments. I have however seen numerous versions of what Ally said and they all focus on whatever suits the headline or agenda of the reporter. The following quote is from the article which was removed from the club website...

'The manager was furious to waken up this morning to comments from the former Light Blues chief executive – appointed as a consultant to the club yesterday - in a national newspaper.

In the interview, he insisted McCoist had to win the league and a cup this season or he would ‘have a problem’.

Green also reiterated his belief last season’s team was the worst in the club’s history and described events at Ibrox as ‘a circus’.

Maybe you should go ask them for their source.

Ally's comments yesterday were not high up in the dignity stakes either.

Guest SteveJ
I haven't personally read any of the articles covering Green's comments. I have however seen numerous versions of what Ally said and they all focus on whatever suits the headline or agenda of the reporter. The following quote is from the article which was removed from the club website...

'The manager was furious to waken up this morning to comments from the former Light Blues chief executive – appointed as a consultant to the club yesterday - in a national newspaper.

In the interview, he insisted McCoist had to win the league and a cup this season or he would ‘have a problem’.

Green also reiterated his belief last season’s team was the worst in the club’s history and described events at Ibrox as ‘a circus’.

I know the source of the official report - it was Andrew Dickson. I also know the source of what got Ally's back up; which was The Sun. The newspaper is quoted in all media reports and does not state anything about the mention of Ally's worst ever team - it is only Ally that is quoted talking about that.

Ally's comments yesterday were not high up in the dignity stakes either.

I agree. He didn't mince his words though and they were clearly aimed at a single individual.

I'm not sure if he should have made those opinions public. In one sense he was drawing a line in the sand and responding to an attack on his team - Something many fans are quick to criticise the club for failing to do time and time again when it's attacked in the press.

He could definitely have picked a better time for a full frontal assault. Same applies to Green.

Guest SteveJ
Great managers can deal with any criticism that comes in their direction - the ones that fail in that department are weak.

Apart from Jim McLean - who just twats anyone who annoys him :-)

Last years team and he was correct, McCoist's outburst was juvenile and transparent for the excuses that it was concocted from, he quite simply is a poor manager, a good manager would have pinned perceived threat/insults to the dressing room wall and told them to get out there and prove it wrong, not acted like a big girls blouse.