The new, old regime

Guest carter001

Not convinced Murray or Bain will ever be on the board of the club again - at least not on key positions.

Blin may be a CEO candidate but perhaps is more suited to the FD role. Also, McColl et al have indicated that they'd be happy for Mather to stay on as CEO but that's unlikely.

The chairman role right now is the most interesting vacancy. Who fills that?

Blin for Chairman. I doubt he would be interested in an executive role, but would be an ideal candidate to help bring financial stability to the club.

As for CEO, there are loads of candidates out there. Possibly someone totally unknown to us may be the best bet.

As long as we get a decent finance director I will be happy. Sooner we get Stockbridge out and Blin in the better.

As I said above, I doubt Blin would be interested in the FD role. I can think of one or two candidates for that role though :whistle:

I don't see how anyone could object to Blin being named as non-executive chairman? There is a vacancy for the position, he is hugely credible and massively experienced from his years as Chairman at PWC (one of the largest auditing companies in the World), we need to have someone oversee the change to a more prudent financial model and I understand that he is a supporter. Only people who could object would be the ones with something to hide!

Although I would prefer to see BS out of the FD position, (because I think that the Green team is toxic) I would not want PM to replace him. He had his chance both with SDM and the Blue Knights and has never convinced that he has what it takes. However, if you were to advertise the position with a starting salary of 200k pa, I can guarantee that you would attract some top class candidates. Frank Blin could go back to PWC and poach the right person, if need be.

PS. Is JM putting himself forward for a position on the board or is he merely looking to have CM and BS removed?