Could be the most open Premier League in many a year. Man City and Chelsea have the strongest squads and Id say 1 of them will win it. But if Tottenham keep Bale then they could be an outside bet. They have signed some quality players.

I can see Man Utd been knocked off their perch and fighting to make top 4. They really need a top class centre midfielder or 2.

Arsenal still have a poor defence and keeper plus if 1 or 2 of their key players get injured they have no replacements. Good players like Rosicky and Diaby will only give them 5-10 games a season. Ive still put a bet on them at 10/1 to win it just in case they get Suarez and a defender.

I like what Swansea have done in the transfer market but the 40 games they have to play in Europa league could take its toll.

Liverpool will be slightly better this season and be top 6. But after that its a lucky dip.

Id say the 3 that came up will go back down, promoted sides have done well for the last few seasons but these 3 are well short of the rest.

Based on current squads before more signings Id go for:

Winners: Chelsea

Champions League: Man City, Arsenal, Tottenham (If Bale stays, if not Man Utd)

Relegated: Cardiff, Hull, Palace.

Be interesting to see how Man U develop under Moyes; I think a lot of their success was down to a genius of a manager and so despite their spending power, may not be so competitive. Moyes, while looking not too bad as a manager, hasn't actually won much and so it's yet to be seen if he has that winning mentality.

Wenger out. Arrogant idiot who hasn't signed or addressed anything. Going by that they wont make top half!

He's easily one of my favourite managers. Arsenal have a strict policy of not trying to buy success with overspending, so they generally try to only buy players at the right price who will improve their squad. It's not easy to get any sort of real success working that way, but once the financial fair play rules really kick into full effect, Arsenal will be one of the clubs who are well ahead of the pack. Then again, I fully expect the clubs with a history of trying to buy success to carry on regardless and try to find ways to cheat the system and beat the financial fair play rules.

He's easily one of my favourite managers. Arsenal have a strict policy of not trying to buy success with overspending, so they generally try to only buy players at the right price who will improve their squad. It's not easy to get any sort of real success working that way, but once the financial fair play rules really kick into full effect, Arsenal will be one of the clubs who are well ahead of the pack. Then again, I fully expect the clubs with a history of trying to buy success to carry on regardless and try to find ways to cheat the system and beat the financial fair play rules.

Hi Zappa...thanks for your reply. I'll reply on this soon. Agree with ur first sentence....

Just watched Chelsea beating Villa 2-1...w@nker Provan was summarising and he must have the hots for Paul Lambert.

Most of the time he referred to Aston Villa as 'Paul Lamberts side' his love for his fellow tim made his back-up comments a disgrace to the neutral viewer. Glad Chelsea won but they were lucky not to concede a pen in injury time - the ref boobed. Haha Provan.

Picture of the week...

Chelsea-v-Aston-Villa-Paul-Lambert-Jose-Mouri_2990821.jpg

Nice jumper...WHO ARE YOU?

Edited by 54andcounting

Had no issue at all with Provan during this commentary, always found him to be a good co-commentator and he deservedly gets a lot of premiership games now.

Good to see Keys and Gray back on televised matches, shame it's on Al Jazeera though....

PS - Mata got hooked an hour into the match. Doesn't look like he has much of a future under jose