The best team I've ever seen at Ibrox was the three months in 1999 before Mols got his knee injury against Bayern. I'm positive our usual midfield was Reyna - Ferguson - GvB - McCann. Big Albertz, Tugay and Kanchelskis struggled to get in the team. Changed days indeed.

The best team I've ever seen at Ibrox was the three months in 1999 before Mols got his knee injury against Bayern. I'm positive our usual midfield was Reyna - Ferguson - GvB - McCann. Big Albertz, Tugay and Kanchelskis struggled to get in the team. Changed days indeed.

You are correct but when Kanchelskis or Albertz played, Reyna usually went to right back.

TravelingWilBEARy

Didn't he make his debut in the title winning game at Parkhead? Or has my memory went banana's?

Found this:

Since Claudio Reyna’s Rangers debut was against Dundee at Tannadice and not Dens Park you may be saying it was a trick question. You would be right that it is a trick but wrong with the answer. Claudio’s first three competitive games in Scotland were at Pittodrie !!

Going back to my previous post “FIFA Under 16 World Cup Scotland 1989″. Claudio played in all the USA’s three games in Group B based at Pittodrie. They opened with a 1-0 win against Brazil, but lost heavily to East Germany by 5-2. The were 2-0 against Australia after 70 minutes only to lose two late goals and miss out on qualification.

http://rfcyouths.wordpress.com/2008/10/19/claudio-reynas-debut-in-scotland/

and this:

The most influential player of his generation, and arguably one of the few US outfield players to merit the label ‘world class’, Reyna was the focal point of the US midfield for the best part of a decade up until his retirement from the international game after the 2006 World Cup.

There have been two sides to Reyna’s career, however. One has been the consistent on-field success of a player who moved across the top leagues of Europe, playing for storied sides such as Glasgow Rangers, Sunderland and Manchester City, while remaining a pivotal figure in the US team as its captain and midfield marshal. The other has been of a frustrating sense that, if it hadn’t been for a series of injuries, he could have achieved even more.

Reyna’s 31 World Cup qualifying games tie him for the most in team history. Highlights of his National Team career include the brilliant assist on DaMarcus Beasley’s key goal in the World Cup clinching a 2-0 victory against Mexico in the fall of 2005. And at the 2002 World Cup he demonstrated why he is often regarded as the best US field player ever, using his skill, vision and composure to lead the team to the quarter-finals, and being named to the competition’s Best XI.

After a career in the German Bundesliga, Reyna won a Scottish Premier League championship at Glasgow Rangers, and competed in the prestigious UEFA Champions League. He was also highly regarded in the English Premier League at Manchester City, but suffered too many injuries to be consistently effective.

Reyna retired from international soccer at the end of the 2006 World Cup after playing in all three games for the US. He left the program with 112 caps, the fourth-highest total in history. In 2007 he joined RB New York in Major League Soccer as one of the team’s two Designated Players.

In April of 2010, Reyna was named the US Soccer Federation’s technical director for youth soccer. In 2012, he was elected as a first ballot inductee to the National Soccer Hall of Fame. In May of 2013 Reyna took the job of Director of Football at New York City FC, the new MLS expansion team scheduled to begin play in 2015.

http://www.ussoccerplayers.com/player/reyna-claudio