Possibly one in, two out in January.

I think its worth pointing out that McGregor isn't afraid to come for cross balls and also go through his own players if he needs to. We haven't had that sort of keeper in a while and its good to see. If only a couple of the defenders showed that sort of attitude, I think we'd be a lot better off.

As for players coming in, today's story is that PLG doesn't want to bring anyone in so as not to upset the growing unity and the progress the team has been making. I'm hoping this is just smoke and mirrors stuff though as its clear we need a decent centre half and another striker. I hope PLG doesn't make the AM mistake of missing the bloody obvious.

Players will be much cheaper in the summer as contracts near an end so he may choose to spend his money in the summer. I think we have a good enough squad for second spot although this weekend will shed more light on that.

Rangers defender open to Marseille switch

Julien Rodriguez is being linked with a return to French football

The former AS Monaco man joined Rangers in the summer of 2005 but has not been a first choice this season for his fellow countryman Paul Le Guen.

"People tell me Marseille are looking for a defender." said the 28-year-old.

"So my door is open to them."

Rangers defender open to Marseille switch

Julien Rodriguez is being linked with a return to French football

The former AS Monaco man joined Rangers in the summer of 2005 but has not been a first choice this season for his fellow countryman Paul Le Guen.

"People tell me Marseille are looking for a defender." said the 28-year-old.

"So my door is open to them."

Can see J-Rod moving on. He's struggled to get a game ahead of less experienced players so the timing would be good if we can get a couple of hundred k for him

From Uefa. com

Naismith on verge of greatness

Thursday, 21 December 2006

If the speculation is to be believed it is only a matter of time before Kilmarnock FC striker Steven Naismith moves to a bigger club in Scotland or England. Dubbed Scotlandâ��s answer to Wayne Rooney, the 20 year-old was invited to train under the watchful gaze of Arsenal FC manager Ars�¨ne Wenger earlier this season, while closer to home another Frenchman, Rangers FC supremo Paul Le Guen has also been casting covetous eyes in his direction.

Second chance

There is a certain irony in the interest from Rangers, as Naismith was released by the Ibrox club as a schoolboy. However, he was soon picked up by the Kilmarnock youth system, where manager Jim Jefferies "spotted something special" and fast-tracked him through to the first team, handing him his senior debut during the 2003/04 season.

Young player award

He made 18 more appearances the following year scoring his first goal for Killie, but Naismith�s career really took off last season scoring 13 goals, a performance that earned him the Scottish PFA Young Player of the Year Award. He has also marked his international debut with a goal for Scotland�s Under-21 side in their 4-0 defeat of Iceland in March 2006, a feat he repeated later that month for the national B team in a 3-2 loss to Turkey.

Significant interest

So far this season the diminutive striker, who can also play on the left side of midfield, has added a further five goals to his tally although Jefferies concedes his form has dipped as a result of the attention from bigger clubs. With two years still left on his contract Jefferies hopes Naismith stays at Kilmarnock a while longer but also knows he risks losing his star player sooner rather than later.

Decision time

"One of these days Steven will leave and he will go to the very top, I am sure of that," said Jefferies. "Steven has admitted the coverage he got when he went down to Arsenal affected his form. I want to keep him at Kilmarnock and achieve something here. We are in the semi-final of the League Cup and who knows, maybe we could bring a trophy back to Rugby Park. However, I know that one day we will have to make a decision on Steven."

Transfer target

If and when Naismith goes, Jefferies would prefer to sell the striker to an English club having seen another of his protÃ?©gÃ?©s, Kris Boyd come back to haunt Kilmarnock in every game since his ââ??¬500,000 move to Rangers last January. Unlike Boyd, Naismith is still under contract and it would take an offer in the region of ââ??¬1.5m to entice him away from Kilmarnock with last seasonââ?¬â?¢s UEFA Champions League finalists Arsenal first in the queue if he is allowed to go.

English hope

"I cannot pick and choose which club Steven goes to but if he goes to an English club I wouldn�t have to worry about him coming back to haunt us," added Jefferies. "Kilmarnock aren�t in a position to turn down a big transfer fee for a player, but it will take a really good offer to prise Steven Naismith away from us."

�©uefa.com 1998-2006. All rights reserved.

McGregor has made more balls ups than just Celtic. he hardly covered himself in gloy at Tannadice did he? If we'd swapped keepers with the scum before the Old Firm, we'd have won comfortably.

If J-Rod does go who do we want in to replace him? We can't really compete with the EPL clubs to get anyone (I'd love to see Upson at Ibrox). Or do we go for guys with experience of the SPL? Pressley, Webster, Russell Anderson or Xander Diamond? Or do we forget about these guys ltogether and go for someone unknown from Europe?

If J-Rod does go who do we want in to replace him? We can't really compete with the EPL clubs to get anyone (I'd love to see Upson at Ibrox). Or do we go for guys with experience of the SPL? Pressley, Webster, Russell Anderson or Xander Diamond? Or do we forget about these guys ltogether and go for someone unknown from Europe?

I think Upson would be a good signing,even on loan untill the end of the season as i feel when you do get players on loan it's better if they are experienced players,how old is he ?

Someone with a proven track record and experience of the British game. We need to make sure of second place and IMO its not the time to be taking a risk on an unknown player. But with the results going well at the moment I'm not sure PLG will bring in a new defender which I think could be a big mistake as Hemdani just isn't good enough in the air.

Someone with a proven track record and experience of the British game. We need to make sure of second place and IMO its not the time to be taking a risk on an unknown player. But with the results going well at the moment I'm not sure PLG will bring in a new defender which I think could be a big mistake as Hemdani just isn't good enough in the air.

Svensson should be the one winning the balls in the air, though I do admit that Hemdani lacks a certain something when it comes to power in the air.