Lewis MacLeod - there can be only one.

I was most impressed with young MacLeod last season. His injury was a major concern; however, he made it back for the final game but appeared tentative. My hope for this season was that he slowly and surely regained both confidence and form. He has surpassed my desire. He looks fitter, taller, stronger, and is aesthetically pleasing as ever.

Seven games has seen him play across every midfield position, mostly in the left berth. His first touch is always twinned with ensuring his head is up and assessing options. Yesterday's goal was the epitome of this trait and it highlighted another increasingly obvious quality, game awareness.

I have two fears. Where will he play next week? Templeton will be left midfield, Law in the centre, and Crawford/Peralta compete for the right berth. The other obvious candidate for centre is Black, I would prefer MacLeod. Further, can the club hold on to him beyond this season? I believe he has a big future and wonder if the club in it's current predicament can fulfil?

He was certainly a bright spot in an otherwise disappointing season last year.

I reckon that he will hang around for the foreseeable future, hopefully he sees what has happened to guys who left too early, Wilson, McCabe and Ness being prime examples of players who perhaps made the wrong choice.

McCoist needs to play him, he's young and needs to play to develop.

He's a real talent, that's for sure and for him to come back to top form and look as good as he does now so quickly after a serious injury and long lay off, is a testament to his commitment, attitude and character.

The lad has a long contract and Ally would be insane not to want to keep him, so I just hope Ally makes it clear to whoever is in charge of transfers and the purse strings going forward, that MacLeod is NOT for sale. The only situation where we should even consider selling the lad is one where a BIG English Premier League club is willing to pay a HUGE sum of cash for him.

Guest DavieBlue

Your average player can't score goals like the one this kid did yesterday....I'm really excited about seeing him when he's the finished article. Hopefully that will be in a Rangers jersey!!

Your average player can't score goals like the one this kid did yesterday....I'm really excited about seeing him when he's the finished article. Hopefully that will be in a Rangers jersey!!

the more games he gets in the first team as a young player the better he'll be when he's older. That's where Ness and others failed. They left too soon and have struggled to make an impact elsewhere. One day we'll no doubt have to sell McLeod & we'll get more money for him as he'll be a better, developed player ready for the likes of the EPL.