EGM requisition delayed further

Guest Smug Bluenose

I don't understand why our board are keeping stalling this procedure. It seems like all they care about now is their own individual jobs and they'd do just about anything trying to keep them, including hiring PR rats like Toxic Jack. :(

It sounds like McColl & co have already agreed to compromise on their initial demands in the Requisition on the basis that appointments are made now, then every board position is put to the vote at the AGM. The current board either need to agree and risk losing their jobs at an AGM vote, not agree and have an EGM called (new deadline for agreement is Friday) or just do the honorable thing by accepting the Requisition resolutions, resigning and walking away. They have another choice too: keep stalling like they've been doing for over a month.

It's not just the board stalling though is it? Neither party looks particularly competent here.

To me, it looks like it is indeed mainly the board stalling Frankie, yes. The board held a series of negotiation talks for a whole month before deciding to question the validity of the Requisition and ask for proof of shareholdings. That was only even done because Irvine, McMurdo and some minions were spreading rumours about McColl & co not having any shares. This is the same board who weaseled out of an immediate EGM by stalling because of the cost of an EGM and then went out the next day and hired Jack Irvine to try to save their precious jobs.

Why should McColl & co cave in to the demands of men in untenable positions? Roll on Friday and I hope McColl & co don't accept any more stall tactics from these chancers. Time to clear the lot of them out.

Mainly them - perhaps but fact is McColl et al have allowed them to stall.

If they were as confident as some say about them winning any vote, then the board's bluff would have been called long ago. I think the stand-off merely shows both parties are unsure of where they are in that sense. The lack of clarity from both is very disappointing.

As I said several weeks ago now, McColl et al should be romping home with every fan on their side. The fact they're not is rather disconcerting for me - and I say that as someone as eager for boardroom change as anyone.

Mainly them - perhaps but fact is McColl et al have allowed them to stall.

If they were as confident as some say about them winning any vote, then the board's bluff would have been called long ago. I think the stand-off merely shows both parties are unsure of where they are in that sense. The lack of clarity from both is very disappointing.

As I said several weeks ago now, McColl et al should be romping home with every fan on their side. The fact they're not is rather disconcerting for me - and I say that as someone as eager for boardroom change as anyone.

I've never experienced a situation like this before mate and I don't know all the intricacies of negotiating over a Requisition, so I'm finding it difficult to visualize what's been going on behind the scenes with all this.

All I know is people are tiring of it all rapidly and want it sorted out ASAP. We desperately need a more competent and trustworthier board running our club and looking after the club's interests.

I've never experienced a situation like this before mate and I don't know all the intricacies of negotiating over a Requisition, so I'm finding it difficult to visualize what's been going on behind the scenes with all this.

All I know is people are tiring of it all rapidly and want it sorted out ASAP. We desperately need a more competent and trustworthier board running our club and looking after the club's interests.

Hey, I'm no expert either but I think that's my point; i.e. if we're all getting tired of it, then that leads to more apathy, reducing McCollco's chances of vote success.

Like I say, they could (and should) have pushed on for the EGM early doors. Not to may have been a grave error but they're millionaires and I'm not so hey-ho! :whistle:

Hey, I'm no expert either but I think that's my point; i.e. if we're all getting tired of it, then that leads to more apathy, reducing McCollco's chances of vote success.

Like I say, they could (and should) have pushed on for the EGM early doors. Not to may have been a grave error but they're millionaires and I'm not so hey-ho! :whistle:

They're all the same Frankie, basically we can always expect to be let down

One way or another, they need to get it sorted ASAP. If they had pushed hard enough for the EGM from square one, the actual EGM would have happened already or would be due by Thursday at the latest, but instead it appears that we're no further forward and the club's board are squandering money on PR from Irvine to try to keep their jobs. It's beyond ridiculous now, it's disgusting.