Temporary styling

If you want to carry on using your old foggy account, just PM me & let me know your new password and I'll set it up for you no problem or you can stick with your new compo account. It's up to you and no problem either way. :)

thank you Zappa but I will stay with compo I feel like a new man I love to read the views of the fans best footie forum on the net this one

I'd hope not.

Changing your password is the best way to avoid any issues.

Was more worrying about hackers using my name and password on other more financially sensitive websites. Why else would you hack a forum? Not that I use the same password for everything. Honest.

Was more worrying about hackers using my name and password on other more financially sensitive websites. Why else would you hack a forum? Not that I use the same password for everything. Honest.

I'll have to let Frankie respond to your concerns on this Cotter because I know very little about what actually happened. In the meantime, if you or anyone else uses the same password for other logins, it's maybe best to change them as it's probably better to be safe than sorry.

FWIW, I don't know if people's passwords would have been threatened or not. It's possible that the prompt for everyone to change their password was only a precautionary measure due to unauthorized changes having been made to the default forum style.

Your password is hashed and salted with vbulletin.

They(any hackers on any site) can only really work with wordlists, although there are some mighty impressive wordlists to try and crack your password.

if your password is pretty secure, random and LONG password and not a word then it will take them a long time to crack your password.(and very unlikely they would want to waste time trying the 0000's of members.. staff on the otherhand they may spend time on ;) sorry guys lol )

(that's on a worst case scenario anyone did manage to dump your details )

If you use the same username/password on every site, and its a simple easy password like password123 then you only your self to blame in my honest opinion.