What's your position?

their is more to this though.

little is piss poor out wide and dangerous up front.

faure is pish at rb and quality at cb.

i never had a problem when davis played right mid or naisy center mid because they were good at it. it wasn't out of position.

frankly you would be as well playing bell at left mid as little. thats the issue. that and super trying to tell us little is a wide player when we can all see differently.

Nah, we only failed to spot that Little was meant to be an inside-left rather than a left winger ...

Over the past few years he's probably scored more cracking goals from the inside right position than anywhere else though ...

interesting. Most people here dont see it as a big deal. Responses are fairly measured. Yet when you look at the online support as a whole people go bat shit mental over this.

Agree with gunslinger that the important fact is that the player need to be competent in the "new" position. Yet for others it appears black and white. Everyone only plays in one position or else.

ironically clark is a winger.

Well, if you score 41 goals a season playing as a striker, the position might have slightly altered. McKay is actually a striker/offensive midfielder by trade, not a left winger.

Zappa ... it was a jest. Right now I assume that McCoist tests the personal he has at his disposal and will use those who are fittest first. Who knows how fit Templeton and/or McKay were that day? When will there be a better testing field than early season league games against - no disrespect whatsoever - weaker opposition? What I would hope for that Ally settles on certain fixed line-ups and tactics, pending on opponent and venue.

interesting. Most people here dont see it as a big deal. Responses are fairly measured. Yet when you look at the online support as a whole people go bat shit mental over this.

Agree with gunslinger that the important fact is that the player need to be competent in the "new" position. Yet for others it appears black and white. Everyone only plays in one position or else.

As long as we're winning, it's hard to get too upset about it. I don't think it's a very good idea to move players about, but if the results are there....<shrug>

Tell them to go speak to Wayne Rooney.... equally adept playing up top (as we found out Tuesday night) or indeed in the hole behind the striker.

I dont think any player should be pigeon-holed into one position - clearly players will have preferred positions but they usually will be able to play multiple positions (this was, in fact, the very foundation that Rinus Michels built the Dutch "Total Football" on - every kid up until age 16 had to play every position - you would then find "your" position but would have an appreciation for how every other position played, giving you insight and knowledge across all 11 positions).

FWIW, Stevie Smith playing at LM is not that big of a deal - he has a fairly decent cross on him, is pacy enough if somewhat limited in skills or trickery. He also understands how to defend and, given Wallace likes to get forward, he can slot in and cover for Wallace when he makes marauding runs.

For me, it's not so much that there's anything actually wrong with playing the likes of Stevie Smith on the left wing and as Craig says, it's a good thing in the sense that he can cover for Wallace if need be, but I do feel that it's a more defensive approach to the game than necessary. In the 3rd tier league and in the likes of the Ramsden's Cup I expect us to be using our creative attacking options like Templeton or McKay on the left wing. Even better, play Templeton and McKay at the same time on both wings and tell them to mix it up whenever they like by switching sides. It's bound to be more entertaining than watching full backs simply trying to get down the wing and get a cross in or a corner kick, but I suppose if Jig, Daly, Mohsni and others can keep scoring goals from corners and set pieces, then even uncreative, unimaginative football can be entertaining, since winning is the most important thing.