McCoist rules out Rangers transfer deals

Rangers manager Ally McCoist has hinted that the club will be unable to offer transfer fees for any of his targets during the January transfer window.

The Scottish League One side saw moves for Bosnian defender Boris Pandza and former Hearts captain Marius Zaliukas fail this week.

McCoist has said that he is uncertain if he will be allowed to spend money as the club aims to secure a return to the Scottish Premiership.

"It's my job to get the best possible team out on the park for the fans. Like any other manager I've got a budget to work within," quotes McCoist as saying.

"Without doubt I am more mindful of what I spent after all the hardships we went through last year. I have to think about the long-term future of the club because we don't want what has already happened to happen again. But we're talking about [wage] budgets here, not even about transfer fees.

"I believe longer term, we will definitely need to spend once we get back to where we want to be. But I can understand the argument right now that we should have a team built within the budget limits to get through the divisions."

http://www.sportsmole.co.uk/football/rangers/transfer-talk/news/mccoist-rules-out-rangers-deals_107547.html

nothing to stop us getting a few loan deals in january is there ? after all Ian Durrant is a pal of AVB at Spurs. They were at the same coaching classes in largs some years ago as durranty told us. I'm sure AVB would be only too delighted to help out his old buddy. They were & still are buddies right ? (or so durranty told us)

nothing to stop us getting a few loan deals in january is there ? after all Ian Durrant is a pal of AVB at Spurs. They were at the same coaching classes in largs some years ago as durranty told us. I'm sure AVB would be only too delighted to help out his old buddy. They were & still are buddies right ? (or so durranty told us)

But are they buddies of the great one?