Rangers after Italian International?

http://www.fansfc.com/frontpage/frontpagenews.asp?newsid=160664

10:02 December, 20, 2006

Livorno striker Cristiano Lucarelli is reportedly a target for Ibrox boss Paul Le Guen

Mail The FansFC Editor

Send This Article To A Friend

Post Your View on The Msg Board

The 31-year-old has played for nine different clubs in his career but it is with his hometown side Livorno that he has shot to prominence over the past few seasons, scoring 29 goals in their promotion season 2003/04 and following that up with 24 in Serie A the following year.

Consistently linked with a move away, Lucarelli has so far stayed loyal to Livorno, turning down a big-money move to Zenit St Petersburg this summer.

I seriously cant see this happening. i dont think we could afford him tbh. would be a great signing tho

There were a few guys who met Lucarelli while in Italy for the Livorno game. Seemingly he said he enjoyed playing against Rangers and only wished the game had been at Ibrox.

As for him signing - I very much doubt we'd be able to afford to pay £3million for a player who will have no sell on value.

We do need a replacement striker for Prso but I doubt we'll get one until the summer and I doubt it will be Lucarelli.

:)

Guest Bluetooth

I met Lucarelli in their hotel pre Livorno and he is a great bloke.

Posed for loads of pictures with the Bears and had a good laugh with them.

I doubt if he will sign for us but he is a 100% man who could do a job in the SPL

At 31 he doesn't really fall into the PLG criteria of being youthful and promising. plus he'd be cup-tied for the UEFA. He might be good for the SPL for 1 or 2 seasons, but I'd prefer someone with a bit more of a long-term outlook to their Ibrox career.

It doesn't matter if you fork out 2-5 million for a striker, he could score goals in other leagues but in the scottish game you don't have time on the ball due to how fast paces the scottish game is, boyd cost peanuts but can score due to him being a natural goal scorer compaired to JVH, he's dutch with a long name and can score goals but has still to do it for celtic.

What we need is a guy who's all round game is brilliant, somebody like stokes, faddy etc.

oh yeah merry christmas :)

It doesn't matter if you fork out 2-5 million for a striker, he could score goals in other leagues but in the scottish game you don't have time on the ball due to how fast paces the scottish game is, boyd cost peanuts but can score due to him being a natural goal scorer compaired to JVH, he's dutch with a long name and can score goals but has still to do it for celtic.

What we need is a guy who's all round game is brilliant, somebody like stokes, faddy etc.

oh yeah merry christmas :)

Alves plays down the left and is strong fast and can hit a ball like the hammer. he reminds me of the hammer but not as lazy and very much quicker. He will score in any league. He is a Brazilian bye the way not that that makes him a good footballer.