Ally McCoist SPFL manager of the month

September Award For Ally

7c7c638ef981276293e3733a3f885395_XL.jpg

ALLY MCCOIST has been voted Scottish League One Manager of the Month for September.

The manager was delighted to receive his award at Somerset Park this afternoon after his side won all four of their games last month, beating Arbroath, Forfar and Stenhousemuir in the league and Queen of the South to progress to the semi-final stage of the Ramsdens Cup.

He said: “The only reason I am picking it this award is because the team has been playing so well.

“It's all down to results and performances on the park and thankfully at this moment in time the boys have been fabulous.”

http://www.rangers.co.uk/news/headlines/item/5231-september-award-for-ally

Well done Ally. :lover:

Highest number of league goals in the UK?

YES! Wick Academy, currently 3rd in the Highland League, are closest.

And we are quite a bit ahead of the other league leaders...

leagueleaders_zpse6d32191.png

Well done Ally btw!

Edited by MeAndMyWeePalJoe
I misread my data lol!

Ally McCoist verbally challenged a Rangers director who had suggested the manager should be sacked after the early-season League Cup defeat by Forfar Athletic.

Full story: The Sun (print edition)

Well done Ally, but you should be winning at least 5 of these this season.

I don't think that's all that fair as it's a subjective award which will take into account that it gets dull and meaningless to keep giving it to the same person. Our team is expected to win due to our resources and so the achievement will lose some of its shininess. Other managers will be rewarded for doing the unexpected.

Anyway, I'd rather he just concentrated on winning the league and perhaps the bonus of the Challenge cup and some sort of run in the Scottish cup. This award is nice but not a necessity by any means.