Scottish FA fit and proper guidelines could block Dave King

Why would Irvine be involved when the board are trying to get King back?

Well, we have yet to hear/read any statement from King saying Mather did meet him and he has agreed to come on board!,unless I've missed it?. Maybe this is all bluster to keep the fans on side leading up to the AGM?.

Well, we have yet to hear/read any statement from King saying Mather did meet him and he has agreed to come on board!,unless I've missed it?. Maybe this is all bluster to keep the fans on side leading up to the AGM?.

So you think Mather's trip to South Africa is complete fiction?

I know what the media are like but if all this was made up someone would have denied it by now surely.

So you think Mather's trip to South Africa is complete fiction?

I know what the media are like but if all this was made up someone would have denied it by now surely.

No I don't, I'm actually just asking if King has made any public statement regarding all this yet?

Mind you it's not as if we've been fed any bullshit before now is it?

Dave King agrees to pay over R700m to Sars

Ingé Lamprecht

29 August 2013

Settlement agreement reached over outstanding taxes.

JOHANNESBURG - Businessman and tax rebel Dave King has agreed to pay R706.7m to the South African Revenue Service (Sars).

The payment relates to tax debts owed by King in respect of his personal income tax and the tax liability of Ben Nevis, a King trust company managed out of Guernsey.

In a joint statement released today, the parties confirmed that a settlement agreement was reached between King and the State.

The fraud charges against King were not pursued by the State and King accepted liability in respect of 41 lesser counts of contravening Section 75 of the Income Tax Act. This included the failure to disclose information and to provide accurate information about incomes earned.

King appeared before the Palmridge Regional Court on Thursday and entered into a plea and sentencing agreement with the NPA. He has to pay a fine of

R3.208m (approximately R 80 000 per count) or face two years in prison.

He was also ordered to pay R 8.75m towards the Criminal Asset Recovery Asset Fund via the Asset Forfeiture Unit.

"When this tax dispute arose many years ago I took a conscious decision not to cooperate with the authorities. That was a mistake. I regret not engaging with the State sooner as I have found them to be extremely firm but fair in their dealings with me once I fully engaged with them. I accept the fact that I have been non-compliant in the past and will rectify this," King said in the statement.

"Part of the agreement is that my family and I will be filing all outstanding tax

returns to ensure that we become fully compliant. My experience should serve as an example to taxpayers who find themselves in a similar position with Sars - rather seek early resolution and cooperate with Sars when asked by them to explain your tax affairs. I am delighted to finally put this behind me and to be able to actively resume my business career," King said.

This settlement follows submissions made to Sars by King and his associate entities. The governance and oversight committee in Sars found that the submissions met the requirements of the applicable tax legislation.

HSBC, which acts as trustee on behalf of King and the associated entities, as well as King in his personal capacity and members of his family, were all parties to the settlement agreement. Other state institutions were also involved.

Sars welcomed the finalisation of the settlement.

http://www.moneywebtax.co.za/moneywebtax/view/moneywebtax/en/page256?oid=80294&sn=Detail&pid=1

He hasn't, but you can argue it's telling he hasn't denied it yet.

Remember we were told Man UTD wanted us in the EPL only for Man UTD to come out and publicly deny it!, I'll wait until King makes a statement.