Great piece Andy but I have to add that if you have a good youth system then I wonder if it is such a dream. If I look at how many youth players Feynoord brought through last year out of need, and they still finished second in the league. This year PSV introduced many youth players who have been an instant hit. I also have to think on the year that Beckum Scholes and Co replaced Paul Ince to what was thought to be a super Man Utd team. Admittedly every now and again a youth system can throw up a special yield of talent and it would be impossible for any team to do it on command. You do have to give players a chance to develop though and if you look at the chances that Barry McKay and Fraser Aird have been given this year then you do really have to ask if our manager is interested in bringing young players through or getting more money to buy old hands.

All his statements about talking to Mather for more money would seem to point to the latter.

Guest Night Owl

Crewe Alexandra are a club I've always associated with having a decent consistency in bringing in good groups of players. Even today they have a solid team of talented lads.

Youth teams and what not was the buzz phrase of the day about 5 to 10 years ago with few clubs achieving the dream. Plus I think clubs like Ajax have the benefit of their support who accept that such programmes bring spells of trophy droughts and bad results, but the end product is usually worth the wait. I couldn't see the majority of our fans settling for modesty, not with the appetite for silverware we have. As soon as we get one gubbing from Celtic the calls for money to be spent will spew out.

Have to say I'm with Pete though,

McCoist is missing a trick here and I believe it looks like he's going to be responsible for some of our younger lads losing their way.

How very true is this? Well done Andy, well done man...

Keevins hilariously tried to position himself an a sardonic onlooker, mocking both halves of the Old Firm, as the extremists within their fan bases point to each others' failings. Having spent the better part of 30 years, if not more, continuously stirring the pot between said fans in order to pick up a wage, this can certainly be classed as bullshitting of the highest order; possibly the only award Hugh is likely to get, his deathless prose matching his dead morality.

Was she nude? Or did he just stare at her sitting in her office?

Neither scenario appeals much it must be said. However I've no idea, perhaps both, maybe she was sitting in her office in the nude.

Anyway, I feel bad making fun of Ms Sturgeon, I imagine some lunatic staring at you through a window for an extended period is fairly unnerving, even for someone in the public eye. The headline is still a little comical mind.