I just posted this in the other BF thread before I saw this thread:

It's quite sad really when a Rangers great,aye I did say great,gets slaughtered by Rangers fans. We all know he had faults,not as bad as some players,but he was an outstanding player for Rangers and Scotland,world class?,I don't know but he was as close as we have come to that level of player in recent times.

I just posted this in the other BF thread before I saw this thread:

It's quite sad really when a Rangers great,aye I did say great,gets slaughtered by Rangers fans. We all know he had faults,not as bad as some players,but he was an outstanding player for Rangers and Scotland,world class?,I don't know but he was as close as we have come to that level of player in recent times.

Excellent words ian, thanks very much :).

A true hero of mine and a framed picture of him in our 'tangerine' kit of the Advocaat era dawns my bedroom wall :)

Excellent words ian, thanks very much :).

A true hero of mine and a framed picture of him in our 'tangerine' kit of the Advocaat era dawns my bedroom wall :)

They are easy words to say though,if we were producing more BF then would be in a fantastic position

Fantastic player in first spell 1999-2003. But I liked the earlier comment about his ability being enhanced with the team he was in, I think Id have even had a number of good games playing in that team, but fair play to him to took his chance.

I was at the Porto game in 2005 when he came back both he and Buffel ran the show that night. But then he got greedy and thought he was Mr Rangers - it was that for me that ruined Ferguson the player. He then started to tackle his own players for the ball and he wanted to do everything....it made Hemdani's game look bad when those 2 should have been better together. Hemdani was a player I rated who had as good a passing ability as Ive seen at Ibrox.

Fantastic player in first spell 1999-2003. But I liked the earlier comment about his ability being enhanced with the team he was in, I think Id have even had a number of good games playing in that team, but fair play to him to took his chance.

I was at the Porto game in 2005 when he came back both he and Buffel ran the show that night. But then he got greedy and thought he was Mr Rangers - it was that for me that ruined Ferguson the player. He then started to tackle his own players for the ball and he wanted to do everything....it made Hemdani's game look bad when those 2 should have been better together. Hemdani was a player I rated who had as good a passing ability as Ive seen at Ibrox.

The problem as I saw it in the later years, with hindsight, is that he felt the players he had beside him weren't of his standard so he tried to drag them up to his level but, in so doing, actually pulled himself somewhat down to theirs. what I am getting at is that in trying to do everyone else's job for them because they weren't "Rangers class" he ultimately forgot to just do his own job, which he was exceptional at.