Guest Night Owl
He is correct,when we are back in the top league we will need better players,do you really think we could compete with the BHEASTS and European football with the current squad?

If the answer to competing with an overrated Celtic side is to spend millions, then we've learned nothing in the past 3 years, thats my point Ian.

Scouting, development and wise spending is the answer.

Need to remember Scottish football is a farce just now, so we need to do everything we can before getting the cheque book out.

Besides, Ally should be concentrating on the job at hand.

If the answer to competing with an overrated Celtic side is to spend millions, then we've learned nothing in the past 3 years, thats my point Ian.

Scouting, development and wise spending is the answer.

Need to remember Scottish football is a farce just now, so we need to do everything we can before getting the cheque book out.

Besides, Ally should be concentrating on the job at hand.

Of course I agree with this,however we still need to spend some money on two or three quality players,IMO,which would cost a few million,and not just to compete with the BHEASTS,we need to try and have a decent European run if only for the cash rewards. I'm not saying we should go down the route we did before,but we do need to spend cash to improve the team.

celtc's first team squad costs 30 million a year in wages.

over and above that they have spent 10's of millions on the players in it.

we may not need to go that far but a total spend of 2 million on players and 6 million in wages won't cut it.

our last spl winning team was

mcgregor (international)

whittaker (internationa)

bougherra (international)

weir (international)

papac (international)

davis(international)

edu (international)

naismith (international)

lafferty (international)

jelavic (international.

wylde (u21)

right now we have maybe 2 or 3 internationals.

and that team barely won the league.

Edited by the gunslinger

Guest Night Owl
Of course I agree with this,however we still need to spend some money on two or three quality players,IMO,which would cost a few million,and not just to compete with the BHEASTS,we need to try and have a decent European run if only for the cash rewards. I'm not saying we should go down the route we did before,but we do need to spend cash to improve the team.

Agreed Ian, money will be needing spent although I just hope that if it is Ally that is there to take us forward, then he gets his homework done early. I think realistically our team will consist of honest former SPFL players, a couple of promising homegrown and one or two gems like Moshni.

I guess we won't get a good look at this team under the microscope until we see ourselves compete against a top team in a cup.

I was in favour of bringing through the youth for Div3, and getting Rangers to really grasp the concept but the closer we get to home the more I suspect that we're just going to resort to spending money on overseas players or EPL journeymen and paying lip service to our youngsters... I hope am wrong and I'd like the SPFL to look at Rangers on our return with the distinct impression that there is something uncanny about this Gers side, something new...unknown , fresh. dare is say revolutionary.

we can only hope my man.