RFC Statement: Today's Daily Record

Whoever the new CEO is needs to be prepared to go after the pondlife employed in these publications and take appropriate action where required. A indefinite ban from Ibrox for this newspaper and its so-called journalists will do for starters.

I will go with the club over the Rangers hating rhebel any day and any way.

I will go with the club over the Rangers hating rhebel any day and any way.

That's exactly the mindset this poor statement is aimed at. It absolutely reeks of trying to curry favour with the support through attacking the Record (and not for the first time from this board, GreenCo or the PR disaster on leg's Jack Irvine).

It's literally one stop short of calling the Record the "rhebel" as you've done yourself. I wish I could say it's not kidding anyone, but sadly it's doing exactly that.

Accurate statement albeit it could sound a bit more professional.

Would you mind sharing with me how you know it is accurate? I don't know either way, although (and this says a hell of a lot) I would sooner believe the Record than Rangers official statements.

Any person who is being recruited for a CEO position is going to insist that he/she gets to run the club their own way. That includes getting to choose his/her own 'C-Suite' (e.g. CFO) as well as being given a high degree of freedom of action by the Board. That freedom of action would also imply control over the PR function.

My guess is that the Record's information is 3rd hand. In other words, he told someone who told the Record. That does not mean that the Record's information is necessarily wrong. Gardiner probably realises that taking the job with certain people in place and unmovable would make life extremely difficult given the extent of the dissatisfaction with those individuals amongst the support.

I doubt that he made the removal of certain people a condition of taking the job. The question was probably couched in more theoretical terms. Perhaps a 'for example' type of question …….

"for example, if I wanted to change the CFO and/or the PR consultants would the board give me that power?"

I find it curious that the press release spoke of "many constructive and friendly face to face meetings and phone calls with our PR adviser". Makes you wonder who is running the club.