Guest TravelingWilBEARy

I miss the feeling of winning an Old Firm. As for everything that surrounds one then I reckon I could go without one for a few seasons yet.

Especially as the next one will likely have passions at a dangerous level.

I don't miss the build up. I used to do a bit of (organised) boxing (very badly I might add). The fear of losing up until the 'bout' was horrible and I always felt the same with OF games (on a slightly smaller scale). I have no qualms with any other religion but I detest that club and it got to me on the build up.

Life was wonderful when we beat them, but very low when we lost. Even in victory though they managed to create some kind of 'side show' to persuade the press to deflect from our glory, and I detested them even more for that. Miss them? Like a dose of syphilis!!!

I miss the feeling of winning an Old Firm. As for everything that surrounds one then I reckon I could go without one for a few seasons yet.

Especially as the next one will likely have passions at a dangerous level.

Yeah let's have more of the family atmosphere and jester hats. Kick the passion out of football.

I miss the evenly balanced Old Firm games. The ones where you were on a knife edge between utter dejection and pure elation right until the final whistle.

I don't regret not playing them for a few years while we regroup and (hopefully, eventually) strengthen for the challenge. The thought of an emaciated Rangers receiving regular humpings from them is too awful to contemplate, but that of course is what Celtic actually wanted when they were helping to shape the original 5 way agreement.

The build up to the game was one of the best things about it, from about Thursday onwards countdown to kick off couldn't come quick enough. In the last few years there was a few games which became a bit of an anti-climax but when you got a cracking game like the 4-2 win at Parkhead a few years ago when Cousin scored in the first minute and Mendez hit the screamer there was no better games!