Personally I would have rather taken the long route up the English leagues and look forward to playing in the EPL. I look at it as a missed chance. When I even see Dhoncaster, Rhegan Lawless and the wee ginger turd I almost boak. We are getting fucked from all sides at the moment we don't even trust our own board but the SPL is a financial necessity. I would have no problem if we never play Celtic again as long as the league we are in is the top league.

It's time to give ourselves a shake. We miss the top level, we miss competitive football and we miss Celtic - and honest Celtic fans will tell you that they miss us just as much.

You might. I don't. If and when we get the club free from the threat of extinction I might start bothering about the tims again, but not before. Priorities, that's all.

[quote name=Hildy;453934

It's time to give ourselves a shake. We miss the top level' date=' we miss competitive football and we miss Celtic - and honest Celtic fans will tell you that they miss us just as much.

Without competition - which is what Rangers and Celtic provide for each other - there is nothing left of any real value. There's only one thing worse than a two-team league, and that's a one-team league.

They used to say that Scottish football needed a strong Celtic when we ruled the roost. These days, it desperately needs a strong Rangers.

This period in our history is a long joyless walk of misery and monotony. Let's not delude ourselves that it's anything else.

Bring on the Celtic!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Scottish football does desperately need a strong Rangers. But lets not forget that all the clubs at the top of the game in Scotland (bar one) voted us out, wanted us dead, and thought they would be better off without us. Thanks to them we have had to start from the very bottom and work our way back, making our way back up the leagues according to the rules. There's no fast track, no golden ticket so unless we get Celtic in a cup draw we are not going to be playing them anytime soon. We are where we are but like a phoenix from the flames Rangers will be back. I personally like the road we're travelling. It is honest and decent and taking us to places that most of us would never have visited in normal circumstances. If we don't have to play Celtic for another 2 years, I frankly don't care. Do I want to beat them when and if we do have to play them? You bet I do. But not before.

If the state of Scottish football is a fucking joke, if no sponsor will touch our top league with a barge pole, don't hang the blame for that at Rangers. Blame Regan, Doncaster and all the SPL chairmen who couldn't see further than their own hatred. This isn't about simple rivalry. That went out the window when they voted us out. They wanted us gone and huge numbers of supporters of Celtic, Aberdeen, etc hate the fact that we survived and will never accept we are the same club. Hell mend them. They can wait a bit longer to suck on the Rangers teat again. Which of course they will be only too happy to do.

your response Doc has the timescales of fact within your post; ie we have to wait two years until we, without a Cup draw, play septic again. However a number of posters on this thread state that they would be happy if we never played them again.

That to me is to fear them, it is to put them on a pedestal, whatever you think of their moronic fans, we need to play that team to prove we are back to our position as the kings of Scottish football, which should be our aspiration.

I've been to, what was Parkhead, I've been through the JG management years, I've seen us whipped by them, but there is nothing sweeter than when we beat them and I look forward to those fixtures again, I look forward to that fantastic feeling, that roof lifting, euphoric, experience of us scoring a winner against them. Anyone who has been present for that cannot deny that they want to feel it again.

your response Doc has the timescales of fact within your post; ie we have to wait two years until we, without a Cup draw, play septic again. However a number of posters on this thread state that they would be happy if we never played them again.

That to me is to fear them, it is to put them on a pedestal, whatever you think of their moronic fans, we need to play that team to prove we are back to our position as the kings of Scottish football, which should be our aspiration.

I've been to, what was Parkhead, I've been through the JG management years, I've seen us whipped by them, but there is nothing sweeter than when we beat them and I look forward to those fixtures again, I look forward to that fantastic feeling, that roof lifting, euphoric, experience of us scoring a winner against them. Anyone who has been present for that cannot deny that they want to feel it again.

I think you are seeing that wrong. If Aberdeen, Motherwell or anybody else are the top team in Scotland then I want to play them I just have nothing with Celtic. If they retreat to Oirland then the best of riddance to them I won't miss them.

I think you are seeing that wrong. If Aberdeen, Motherwell or anybody else are the top team in Scotland then I want to play them I just have nothing with Celtic. If they retreat to Oirland then the best of riddance to them I won't miss them.

but if they remain in Scotland, where they currently ply their footballing trade? We have rivalry with Aberdeen, little with Well. Apologies, missing what I'm seeing wrong.

but if they remain in Scotland, where they currently ply their footballing trade? We have rivalry with Aberdeen, little with Well. Apologies, missing what I'm seeing wrong.

It is the rivalry that is important not the team. Do Man utd miss playing Celtic? If Celtic were gone we would love playing anyone who was top of the league. It is the Rivalry for the league that is the most important.

It is the rivalry that is important not the team. Do Man utd miss playing Celtic? If Celtic were gone we would love playing anyone who was top of the league. It is the Rivalry for the league that is the most important.

Thanks, Pete understand what you're saying, but there is no one in Scotland to rival septic other than Rangers, so to be the best in our country we need to beat them and that is, obviously, a large part of the fixture. No one, in the last decade or two has been top of the SPL other than Rangers or them, therefore that is the biggest game.

Even in the days of perhaps Aberdeen or Dundee Utd pre-eminence it was still the number one game for fans, they are our biggest rivals. When Man U line up against Liverpool, possibly next week, will that rivalry be lessened because neither of them are top of the league? No, in fact I would say increased, because of their relative positions and things like Ferguson's auto-biography.

Celtic is a competitive force.

In any competition, it's important to have more than one genuine competitor or else it becomes a farce. Our division and the top division were decided before the first kick. This isn't watchable sport. There is no uncertainty - only monotony.

Rangers needs to be in the top division - for obvious reasons - and up against and in the same environment as its only real threat: Celtic.

No-one is suggesting that Celtic has to be liked, but it has to be respected as a football force because it is the only club capable of stopping us from being the dominant force in Scottish football.

Presently, we're being fed a diet of inedible scraps. I miss the red meat. I miss the week to week battle with Celtic where every point dropped is a weekend ruined - and where every point they drop is a weekend enhanced.

The garbage that we are being subjected to just now is football for vegetarians. It is an insult to competitive sport - both in the top division and in ours.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk