The average age of our team is often something like 27/28. I'm not sure what is new and fresh about that?

If we had a young team playing attacking football then yes this might be enjoyable. You just have to look at the atmosphere. It's terrible unless we are playing Celtic or in Europe. You could hear a pin drop.

Thing is though, you come across as a glory hunter somewhat though, as I said in a previous thread, if all our fans had your attitude we might not have a team/club to support!.

was talking recently to my brother and reliving genuine New Years Day games, a Hogmanay party a few hours sleep, a taxi to Ibrox and a mid-day kick off, to avoid us having too much to drink, and watching the game.

the anticipation, the feeling in the stomach, the excitement, the walk to the ground, the atmosphere inside the ground (Ibrox or septic park) it is unsurpassed, maybe some CL games are equivalent, but the major difference is that every game against them is guaranteed that atmosphere CL games are not, I loved them and if I am lucky enough to steal, bribe or have a mate who can get me a golden ticket, for the next one, it will be the best atmosphere of any game against them, I think, in our history.

bring it on, at Ibrox in the cup.

I do. Loved the buzz and excitement of the build up. The electric atmosphere and walking out of Ibrox grinning from ear to ear after pumping them. My location means I have none or very little contact with them when we suffer defeat so I can avoid their celebrations.

I might self combust when we do play them again.

this average age of 28 thing is a myth. for example today we only had two players over 28 play any part i think.

Full name Cameron Bell[1]

Date of birth 18 September 1986 (age 27)

Full name Sébastien Faure

Date of birth 3 January 1991 (age 22)

Full name Lee Henry McCulloch

Date of birth 14 May 1978 (age 35)

Full name Bilel Mohsni[1]

Date of birth 21 July 1987 (age 26)

Full name Lee Wallace

Date of birth 1 August 1987 (age 26)

Full name Fraser Aird

Date of birth 2 February 1995 (age 18)

Full name Lewis Macleod

Date of birth 16 June 1994 (age 19)

Full name Ian Black

Date of birth 14 March 1985 (age 28)

Full name Arnold Fabian Peralta Sosa

Date of birth 29 March 1989 (age 24)

Date of birth 3 June 1991 (age 22)

Full name Jonathan Marvin Daly[1]

Date of birth 8 January 1983 (age 30)

Full name David Cooper Templeton[1]

Date of birth 7 January 1989 (age 24)

Robbie Crawford (age 20)

Edited by ian1964

is this thread an opportunity to talk about football and experiences of games against septic, which there must be many, many good stories or to go off topic and talk about average ages or to go the same way as the majority of the top 10 topic headlines and talk about our board and financial issues? why not talk about something football related for a change?

Under the circumstances not I don't miss them at all although I thought I would 18 months ago.

I compare it a bit like Christmas's for me, I don't do Christmas every year living out here therefore every 2nd Xmas seems better....so I am thinking when the OF game does eventually come around it will be good after such a gap.

But as it stands I don't miss playing ANY SPL side.