Seven Green Brigade members face ‘IRA song’ trial

SEVEN members of the Celtic fans’ group the Green Brigade are set to stand trial next year on charges of singing a song associated with the IRA at a number of Premiership and Champions League games.

Paul Duke, 37, and Ross Gallagher, 29, from East Kilbride, Christopher Bateman, 28, from Irvine, David Gallacher, 22, from Glasgow, Sean Cowden, 21, from Rutherglen and Kieran Duffy, 18, from Coatbridge, are accused of singing The Roll of Honour at Celtic’s home Champions League qualifier against Elfsborg on 31 July.

Mr Gallagher, Mr Bateman and Greg Robertson, 28, from Glasgow, are accused of singing the song on 3 August at a league game against Ross County, while Mr Robertson and Mr Gallagher are also charged with singing at a home game on 24 August against Inverness Caledonian Thistle.

The men stand accused of behaving in a way “likely to incite public disorder”.

A trial date has been set for next June, and the seven men pleaded not guilty to all charges, which they deny.

http://www.scotsman.com/news/scotland/top-stories/seven-green-brigade-members-face-ira-song-trial-1-3236895

• 2 weeks later...

Lifted from FF:

On Saturday the 23/11/13 and Tuesday the 26/11/13. The filth fans known as the GB displayed banners which declared their support of the proscribed terror group the Ira. Under the terrorism law this is an offence which is punishable by a prison term and in Scotland can be punished under both the anti terrorism legislation and the offensive behaviour and threatening communications act Scotland 2012.

Using this, I obtained a FOI request asking how many fans were arrested at both games.

Here is the response;

There were no arrests made on either of these dates within Section 111 of the

Stadium under the Offensive Behaviour at Football and Threatening

Communications (Scotland) Act 2012.

I trust that the information available is of assistance and should you require any

further assistance concerning this matter please contact me on 0141 435 1204

quoting the reference number given.

If you are not satisfied with the way in which your request has been dealt with,

you are entitled in the first instance and within 40 working days of receiving

scotland.police.uk

@PoliceScotland

PoliceScotland

NOT PROTECTIVELY MARKED

this letter to request a review of the decision made by the Force. Should you

wish to do so, contact details are; Police Service of Scotland, FOI Central

So the next time Myra Findlay or any other ogre from that support scream victimisation... Remember this!!!

Police Scotland hang your heads

What the reply from Police Scotland doesn't state is that there will be further enquiry carried out by the department whose name I've completely forgotten. Making arrests at the time when incidents occur sometimes isn't the best option. Why go in and place hands on a supporter when they outnumber you? CCTV will have captured those responsible and then there's the police officers who were there.

But hey, don't let facts stand in the way of a good story and a go at the police.

What the reply from Police Scotland doesn't state is that there will be further enquiry carried out by the department whose name I've completely forgotten. Making arrests at the time when incidents occur sometimes isn't the best option. Why go in and place hands on a supporter when they outnumber you? CCTV will have captured those responsible and then there's the police officers who were there.

But hey, don't let facts stand in the way of a good story and a go at the police.

You mean like putting their faces on crimewatch like they done to our fans after Manchester and then smash their doors in during the night to arrest them?

As much as I hate the IRA and the GB, I think this law is wrong. Getting fined or jailed for singing a song inside a football ground just doesn't sit right.

I would draw the line at celebrating terrorism.

Do you think all the deaths the IRA have caused sits well with their families. Why should they be allowed to glorify their intrinsic evilness