Winning the Scottish Cup only helps us once three years accounts are in, unless we get special dispensation, which requires the SFA to put forward a case.

So winning the cup this year or next doesn't get us into Europe.

The earliest we can be in Europe is 2015/16 based on 2014/15 accounts. However, if we win the cup in May 2015, we can't be put forward for Europe without special dispensation, because the 2014/15 accounts won't be out in time.

Realistically therefore you are looking at season 2016/17 based on SPL (hopefully) position in our first season back 2015/16 or winning the cup that season.

In reality the 3 year ban is 4 full seasons.

BH, when I made the original statement I was confident ( ?? ) that the SFA, big fat Rod being the main lobbyist, would indeed assist us in getting special permission from UEFA to represent Scotland in the Europa Cup.

Using the rules below this would allow us to play next year.

"Sporting Integrity" notwithstanding, of course.

http://www.uefa.com/MultimediaFiles/Download/Tech/uefaorg/General/01/80/54/10/1805410_DOWNLOAD.pdf

Check,

Article 15 Special permission ( page 13 of the doc p.18 of the pdf )

Annex 1:Exceptions Policy ( page 44 of the doc. p. 49 of the pdf )

B. Principle

Para 1(d) Non-applicability of the three year rule.

Article 12 Definition of licence applicant para 2 ( p. 12 p. 17 )

It could be a long, long time before we have a team capable of playing in Europe with these SPIVS in charge!.

Our current side would be more than capable of playing in Europe. My concern would be that with our current manager in charge we wouldn't compete. I'm basing that on our results the last time we played there under McCoist

I repeat again, once Whyte's takeover is deemed fraudulent (next year hopefully)we ARE a special case and the SFA would/should be doing everything possible to allow us back into qualifying for Europe. 2014 is going to be an interesting year mark my words