Fergie stripped of captaincy

Craig, its all nonsense I think, nothing has come to fruition from what I've seen so I think its silly season - i.e. Gattuso to return; in talks with Gow & Thomson; Dica deal is as good as done; Webster to sign and the JJB link/conspiracy theory being raised as "proof"; Fergie been told to find another club etc etc.

From the Beeb, some "interesting" quotes from his agent....

Barry Ferguson could remain with Rangers despite losing the captaincy and his place in the first team, says his agent John Viola.

"Anything can happen in football, every relationship can be repaired," Viola told Five Live Sport.

Viola held talks with the Rangers chairman Sir David Murray on Wednesday to explore Ferguson's future at Ibrox.

Viola added: "We had discussions and we'll be discussing the scenario over the next few days."

Interview: Barry Ferguson's agent John Viola

Interview: Former Rangers midfielder Derek Ferguson

Ferguson was axed from the team and stripped of the captain's armband for the 1-0 win at Motherwell.

Rangers manager Paul Le Guen claimed after Tuesday's stormy encounter at Fir Park that he had no choice but to drop Ferguson after being undermined in the dressing room.

With Gavin Rae taking over the captaincy of the Glasgow club, the 28-year-old could be poised to exit Rangers, with a number of Premiership clubs rumoured to be interested.

"As soon as we can sit around the table and get everything concluded the better," said Viola.

"Barry wants to stay at Rangers - he's made that abundantly clear to everyone.

"If it doesn't work out, the next step would be to speak to other clubs, but we haven't spoken to anyone because he's still under contract to Rangers."

Viola added: "He's extremely unhappy and pretty gutted about the whole scenario."

Earlier, Viola revealed how the deposed Rangers captain felt "physically sick" when he was axed by Le Guen.

"Barry has been left feeling sick by what has happened to him after his meeting with the manager," said Viola.

MY SPORT DEBATE

It seems to me that Barry feels he knows best what is required to turn Rangers round but is unwilling to accept that a qualified coach may have a better understanding of the remedy required

townie_boy

My Sport: Have your say

"I've already had calls from two people at the highest level of other clubs concerning Barry's future but I want to talk to the Rangers hierarchy first of all."

Meanwhile, Ferguson's brother, Derek, who played for Rangers in the 1980s, says that Le Guen's action has taken his sibling by surprise.

"Barry is totally shocked by what's happened and is struggling to come to terms with it," he told BBC Sport Scotland.

"He is very proud to be the captain of Rangers and he didn't see this coming at all.

"The only other time I've seen him this down was when he had his bad knee injury at Blackburn Rovers.

"Barry is aggressive on the park and in the dressing room, and you tend to get that from captains and leaders in Scottish football.

"He only wants 100% from everyone," added the Stranraer assistant manager.

"But now it's really down to Barry to try and sort out the situation with John Viola, Paul le Guen and Sir David Murray."