Looks to me very much like Peralta was actually just late going in and tried to pull out/bottled it, then eventually pulled his high leg away and basically just clattered into the guy with his thigh or hip. Definitely not a red card offense.

Looks to me very much like Peralta was actually just late going in and tried to pull out/bottled it, then eventually pulled his high leg away and basically just clattered into the guy with his thigh or hip. Definitely not a red card offense.

Debatable Zappa he did lead with his studs. I think there is enough doubt to exonerate the Ref on this decicion

Debatable Zappa he did lead with his studs. I think there is enough doubt to exonerate the Ref on this decicion

The Willie Vass photo tells a false story mate because it's just a single snapshot, a single frame in time. If you wind the video that BEARGER posted to 9 mins 10 seconds and watch the slow motion replay a couple of times Peralta pulls out of the challenge, twists his whole body around and eventually smacks into the guy with his hip or maybe even his arse. There's absolutely no way that's a red card.

The Willie Vass photo tells a false story mate because it's just a single snapshot, a single frame in time. If you wind the video that BEARGER posted to 9 mins 10 seconds and watch the slow motion replay a couple of times Peralta pulls out of the challenge, twists his whole body around and eventually smacks into the guy with his hip or maybe even his arse. There's absolutely no way that's a red card.

Unfortunately the ref doesn't get "to rewind the video.......... and watch a slow motion replay a couple of times", he is inside and in front of the action and would have seen the studs up challenge. Football isn't played in slow motion, it's played at a fast pace and I wouldn't like to say whether Peralta pulled out or not; but it doesn't look that way to me at full speed. As was said on the match thread, it just looked like retribution, Peralta ran about 10 yards and seemed to go straight for the Stenhousemuir player; he gave the referee a decision to make and he made it. Ally accepted it as well, saying he hoped for a yellow but understood the red. There will be no appeal and even if there were, it would be dismissed.

Very much what BH says. Sadly though, the ref let too much going on with Peralta and Black being targeted time and again. No wonder the Honduran decided enough was enough, though I doubt he meant to harm the guy as he was pulling out of the challenge.

Not that it made an impression on the referee, who continued his apaling stuff and I was actually surprised that Black got through the game without being cautioned ... just for the sake of it.