The only quotes in the recent article are:

And agent Sam Morrow has been in contact with Ally McCoist to establish the player’s situation after the Ibrox boss denied claims the former Kilmarnock player had been told to find a new employer.

Morrow confirmed last week that Shiels himself has not asked to leave Rangers, saying: ‘All he wants is to play for Glasgow Rangers, the club that he loves.

‘Dean has been fit for two months now. He’s been working hard and even doing extra training – he’s champing at the bit to play again. We’re in the dark as to why he hasn’t featured more often.’

We all would like to know why Ally don't use him more often, especially if those 4 central midfieldelrs regularly used by McCoist do not often inspire great joy when it come to creativity. That said, and Shiels will admit that, the results speak their own language. Still, I can see no reason why we cannot throw him or Templeton on for (at least) the last 30 minutes on a regularl basis. I woud be disappointed in the player if he's satisfied with his current status.

As for the quote, it says Shiels does not want to leave, Ally does not want to see him go, and the rest of it is made up and essentially a conjecture snatched from the words of the CEO with regards to cost-cutting. I wonder whether Shiels knows about "his" demand of 200k? In any case, if Hibs want him, they can pay a transfer fee. Based on his current deal, why not chuck in a required 500k fee for starters?

IMHO, Shiels can't be satisfied with the status quo, but I doubt he wants to leave. If Hibs want him, we should send him out on loan. There are quite a few people I'd send away for good ahead of him.

Would agree that there's a few I would like to see leave before Shiels, think the guy has a part to play for us.As for Hibs do me a favour, if any SPFL teams are after him then we must adopt hardball tactics, no loan deals hard cash only and an amount that we decide on.