Haven't read so much rubbish since the last time McMuddo and Toxic Jack were havering about £50m investments and Green was still on the scene with his verbal diarrhea. What was it Green had? Four separate investors banging on his door desperate to invest £20m each? Fucking liars the lot of them.

For those among us who aren't accountants and struggle to grasp bullshit when they see it can I point out a couple of things.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, will pay £100 million for a bus company that made a profit of £659,404. So that's your starting point for understanding that what you are reading is total nonsense.

Secondly understand who the Easedales employ to manage their PR. Now Jack Irvine has many, many faults but trust me when I tell you he's very good at press manipulation. All of this is staged, this isn't paranoia this is a lifetime of working in that environment. The players are being set up to take the blame for our financial mismanagement. McCoist it's been reported, has taken a cut, the Easedales are going to plough £20 million in just as soon as they've got it, the new Chief Exec is cutting the costs, showing a firm hand, attracting investors. The bad guys are the players, refusing pay cuts, robbing the fans, putting the club in peril.

It's cunning, it's really well deployed, but it is total bullshit and still some of us lap it up.

For those among us who aren't accountants and struggle to grasp bullshit when they see it can I point out a couple of things.

Nobody, and I mean nobody, will pay £100 million for a bus company that made a profit of £659,404. So that's your starting point for understanding that what you are reading is total nonsense.

Secondly understand who the Easedales employ to manage their PR. Now Jack Irvine has many, many faults but trust me when I tell you he's very good at press manipulation. All of this is staged, this isn't paranoia this is a lifetime of working in that environment. The players are being set up to take the blame for our financial mismanagement. McCoist it's been reported, has taken a cut, the Easedales are going to plough £20 million in just as soon as they've got it, the new Chief Exec is cutting the costs, showing a firm hand, attracting investors. The bad guys are the players, refusing pay cuts, robbing the fans, putting the club in peril.

It's cunning, it's really well deployed, but it is total bullshit and still some of us lap it up.

Well it ain't working as I haven't seen much hostility towards the players. They have their contracts and are more than entitled to say no.

Whilst all that maybe true, the fact remains that the players are earning far too much and costs need drastically cut.

We have more professional footballers on our payroll than Celtic do.

Well it ain't working as I haven't seen much hostility towards the players. They have their contracts and are more than entitled to say no.

No? I just listened to them being castigated for not taking a pay cut by a former Scotland captain on national radio. Even on here I've seen posts suggesting the players are being selfish*, I can only imagine what the lunatic fringe who swallow Irvine's load every time he shoots it are saying on other messageboards.

Give it time STB, there'll be stories soon enough about how much certain players earn coming to a paper near you soon.

Edit - *Right on cue SBS supplies the evidence whilst I was replying.

Edited by amms
SBS made my point for me!

Whilst all that maybe true, the fact remains that the players are earning far too much and costs need drastically cut.

We have more professional footballers on our payroll than Celtic do.

Well done, Jack's bonus is secure for another month.

Swallowing toxic jack's load? I think he's an arse hole and don't trust anyone involved in running our club.

My point still stands that costs need cut. Both playing staff and non playing staff. I think anyone with a functioning brain can see that.

The only way such high expenditure would be worthwhile is if it was being spent largely on young talent and on players that can hit the ground running and challenge for trophies the season after next.

This just isn't the case and we are spending a fortune and only have a couple of players that have any real tangible value.

I don't blame them for saying no nor do I blame Wallace for suggesting it.

Middle ground loyal...

In reality, Wallace didn't even have the bollocks to speak to the players in person. He and Ally got Jig to go and ask them. If I was one of those players, that simple fact alone - that Wallace didn't ask them to take a pay cut himself - would have instantly lowered my impression of the new CEO.