If there was a £20m investment coming into the club, there would have been no need for even an informal suggestion of an across the board, one size fits all wage cut of 15%. A targeted approach, weeding out the highest earners/least efficient contracts would have done the job in a far more professional manner, and the club, safe in the knowledge that £20m was coming, would have held more cards in its hand when it came to negotiating deals. Unless, unaware that this munificent bounty was about to befall him, Graham Wallace just breenged in anyway, which suggests he is either out of the loop and a waste of money, or totally incompetent and a waste of money, in which case the first place to make a cut would be his salary.

As usual with stories about Rangers which emanate from inside the club, when you try to add 2+2 you rarely get 4, and this sounds like the most transparent attempt to deflect from the horrible atmosphere created entirely by the club's own actions on Thursday. Still, I daresay some will believe it, and little wonder, because we're all desperate for an end to the lies and convulsions.

My ghast is flabbered.

We have a period of several weeks post AGM where it appears Wallace's declaration about no leaks and this Board speaking with one voice. The usual suspects were beginning to complain that the story that keeps on giving, had gone all quiet.

Our CEO meets the players, seemingly without preparing the ground. He makes an offer, it's rejected and several news sources are reporting the details within 20 minutes of the meeting concluding. Now, the James and Sandy show presents an old favourite, 'pump in £20million' one act drama. Does anyone think it might have been helpful for the CEO if he had been informed of such intentions before attempting to persuade several teenagers to accept a 15% cut in wages?

Depressing.

chin up, bud. What doesn't kill us makes us stronger.

I think what makes it so sad, some actually fall for this crap. I just can't believe we have supporters who don't seem to mind the Easdales, Stockbridge and Irvine.

Nah, I'll be there till the end, son and grandson when I'm gone.

they haven't even found the cash to buy greens shares as we were promised they would.

this is laughable.

actually no it's depressingly familiar.

smoke - mirrors - moonbeams

As soon as they weigh in their half a million a year profit making company for 100m, they will sort it.