No? I just listened to them being castigated for not taking a pay cut by a former Scotland captain on national radio. Even on here I've seen posts suggesting the players are being selfish*, I can only imagine what the lunatic fringe who swallow Irvine's load every time he shoots it are saying on other messageboards.

Give it time STB, there'll be stories soon enough about how much certain players earn coming to a paper near you soon.

I heard Willie going tonto as well. Puzzling, was it not? I can only assume he's part of that group who will be forever convinced we cheated them, despite judgement to the contrary.

Radio Scotland have rather let the mask slip a tad this weekend. While only a loon could argue that we need to cut costs, they have been talking about 'behaving like a third division team' and comparing Rangers to Leeds, who, apparently, have had to give up on the notion of being a big team. We, of course, should do likewise. Different is, of course, is that in England there were loads of teams willing to step up and replace Leeds as a decent sized EPL team; in Scotland, dross like St Johnstone attract a Conference sized crowd and offer football of a similar standard.

We may be in need of some surgery, but we'll never be the wee team some people are desperate to see us become...I hope.

I heard Willie going tonto as well. Puzzling, was it not? I can only assume he's part of that group who will be forever convinced we cheated them, despite judgement to the contrary.

Radio Scotland have rather let the mask slip a tad this weekend. While only a loon could argue that we need to cut costs, they have been talking about 'behaving like a third division team' and comparing Rangers to Leeds, who, apparently, have had to give up on the notion of being a big team. We, of course, should do likewise. Different is, of course, is that in England there were loads of teams willing to step up and replace Leeds as a decent sized EPL team; in Scotland, dross like St Johnstone attract a Conference sized crowd and offer football of a similar standard.

We may be in need of some surgery, but we'll never be the wee team some people are desperate to see us become...I hope.

People need to realise Rangers are only spending 30% of their turnover on player wages... 30%!!!! That is a great ratio!! People want to see us slip like an Aberdeen or a Dundee United but that will never happen.

People need to realise Rangers are only spending 30% of their turnover on player wages... 30%!!!! That is a great ratio!! People want to see us slip like an Aberdeen or a Dundee United but that will never happen.

Yep. Thing is, I doubt that we are currently operating at the 1m loss a month (a myth shot down long ago, but growing cancerous arms and legs), the wage bill is down to said 30% of turnover. We will sure still making no profit, as income is not visible (apart from the Jelavic deal maybe, outstanding ST money, deferred sponsorship income et al). Wallace checks out all the finances and tries to get us on an even better footing. One avenue was the wages cut proposal. A "proposal"! And all you read in the media is: impending doom, fire-sale, admin II. Another full- (some may say: fool-) blooded hysteria campaign. Because our CEO does what we all wanted from him? Because he has to live with the current state of affairs regarding the finances? No matter the amount of teeth-gnashing about previous shareholders and money-grabbers. Sadly enough, the support (at least on the boards) has apparently been lulled into believing all the rubbish the media throws at it, rather than taking a step back and starting to think on their own again.

It's not a great ratio against part-time opposition.

We should be stockpiling cash for the future.

Yep. Thing is, I doubt that we are currently operating at the 1m loss a month (a myth shot down long ago, but growing cancerous arms and legs), the wage bill is down to said 30% of turnover. We will sure still making no profit, as income is not visible (apart from the Jelavic deal maybe, outstanding ST money, deferred sponsorship income et al). Wallace checks out all the finances and tries to get us on an even better footing. One avenue was the wages cut proposal. A "proposal"! And all you read in the media is: impending doom, fire-sale, admin II. Another full- (some may say: fool-) blooded hysteria campaign. Because our CEO does what we all wanted from him? Because he has to live with the current state of affairs regarding the finances? No matter the amount of teeth-gnashing about previous shareholders and money-grabbers. Sadly enough, the support (at least on the boards) has apparently been lulled into believing all the rubbish the media throws at it, rather than taking a step back and starting to think on their own again.

we're clearly losing something a month otherwise the wage cut wouldn't have been asked

we are essentially spending our entire season ticket revenue on players and the back room team. for the level we're playing at that's not that great