I know that it's easy and clich�© but just think about it. We thought we'd turned the corner and IF we'd beaten the bottom half teams like we should have:

Dundee Utd

Falkirk

Inverness

St Mirren

We'd have an extra 11pts and be SIX behind Celtic.

IF you extend that to beating Celtic like our domination of the game deserved then that could have been THREE points behind.

IF Celtic hadn't showed resilience and fought back to draw a few games and beat Falkirk, we could have been ahead.

Celtic are going through a bad patch as all championship leaders do, but they have shown guts, determination and the crucial ability to grind out results.

We on the other hand have been handed a fantastic opportunity to get back into the title race and have shown ourselves to be gutless and useless against the wee teams.

Surely if the SPL is harder than it looks, the hard part is not taking international players on high wages and motivating them to beat teams on less than a tenth of the wage? Surely that's the easy bit...

I think this shows that it's not so hard for a manager to guide one of the OF to the title even with a shaky start, it's just our manager has balls up big time.

Spot on mate,that's the thing,Celtic are not a good side,we are pish and the proof is in your post,against the weaker teams we should be winning and could easily have been in contention........................:sigh:

Butr surely it can't all be down to the manager.

As Boyd said the other day "When we step over that white line it is down to the players and we simply haven't been good enough".

I am by no means exonerating PLG but the players who step onto the pitch have to shoulder responsibility too.

IMO, the players shoulder most of the blame,when you read the team sheet before kick off you think we are good enough to beat whoever we face,well certainly the likes of Inverness,Falkirk and St Mirren, the fact we can play good stuff, then we're shite for me comes down to player attitude

I don't believe that. If the players aren't producing then there is only one man responsible for putting them on the park, the manager. How he can drop practically our only player that is putting in consistently good displays but keep other dross in the side is beyond me.

I don't believe that. If the players aren't producing then there is only one man responsible for putting them on the park, the manager. How he can drop practically our only player that is putting in consistently good displays but keep other dross in the side is beyond me.

They played all right in Europe,against Celtic,Hibs,Aberdeen, nobody complained he had the wrong team or formation in these games.However the Barry situation is baffling and untill we are told what is going on i don't see why we can just assume it's PLGs fault.But to be honest i am beginning to doubt the manager.

They played all right in Europe,against Celtic,Hibs,Aberdeen, nobody complained he had the wrong team or formation in these games.However the Barry situation is baffling and untill we are told what is going on i don't see why we can just assume it's PLGs fault.But to be honest i am beginning to doubt the manager.

EXACTLY Ian !!

He is putting consistent teams out on the pitch and they, like last season, seem to be deciding that they only need to play against the "bigger" teams.

PLG sends them out with what he thinks is a winning formula each and every game - if they don't have the right attitude then they won't get their just rewards. And if you think they have had the right attitude in the ICT and St Mirren games then you were watching a different team to me.

As for Ferguson being dropped you over-simplify things. Just because a player has been our best player of late (and I agree he has) this is MUCH, MUCH MORE than a form and ability decision regarding PLG and Ferguson - to suggest it is merely a football decision is fool-hardy.

I'm not totally convinced by that though. Yes, they played better for spells of those games mentioned, but they were still some way off being what I'd call a half-decent Rangers team. Any one of those games above could have been very different if we'd been up against better teams. An improvement, yes, but they weren't the signs of us turning a corner unfortunately.

BTW, that comment from Boyd and some others he said in his post-match interview showed IMO that he's now towing the company line and been left in no doubt about who's boss.

BTW, that comment from Boyd and some others he said in his post-match interview showed IMO that he's now towing the company line and been left in no doubt about who's boss.

Is that such a bad thing Mike ?