PLG on Radio Scotland

Your missing the point. No man is bigger than the club and that includes the manager as ultimately Murray is in charge.

You of course are right - but ultimately the manager should be managing his squad and in this instance that is what he is attempting to do - whether he is right or wrong is another matter.

I could easily be wrong but I reckon the manager wins this issue all the way.

Your missing the point. No man is bigger than the club and that includes the manager as ultimately Murray is in charge.

I'm not missing the point. Fergie has been dropped for something thats gone on and only a small number of people know yet there's people calling for PLG to go. I think I get the point, I just don't understand it.

If you see the way the official site reports the issue they appear to beleive that the "reasons" have been explained:

http://www.rangers.premiumtv.co.uk/page/News/NewsDetail/0,,5~959161,00.html

Le Guen Gives His Reasons

PAUL LE GUEN has indicated that Barry Ferguson will have to change his ways if he is to have a future at Rangers.

The manager spoke out after today's 1-0 win over Motherwell and gave his reasons for stripping the midfielder of the captaincy and dropping him from the matchday squad.

Barry FergusonThe Frenchman revealed that in his opinion Ferguson was not carrying out his duties as captain in a proper manner and therefore the only option was to appoint Gavin Rae in his place.

It was not a decision Le Guen took lightly and while aware of the fans' frustrations, believes in the long term it is the correct decision for his team.

Paul told Rangers.co.uk: "It was a hard decision for me to make regarding Barry but in order to get a good team bonding it was one I felt necessary.

"I knew it would not be a popular choice but I had to do it.

"A captain must set a good example and I don't think this was the case. He must try to help his manager and team mates and again I didn't feel he was doing this.

"When you feel that a player does not back you then any manager has a decision to make.

"I don't know what the future holds, it remains to be seen.

"I don't know if Barry wants to continue with us but if he does he will have to change his behaviour that much is clear.

"It wasn't an easy decision and I know it will be tough, but I have to cope with that."

Looks to me then like it is purely down to a personality clash and I think everyone has a right to question his ability to manage his players.

I backed his management of Ricksen and Bardsley.

But the way he has treated Boyd over Sebo has been pretty disgraceful imo. And now it seems he is treating our captain badly.

You of course are right - but ultimately the manager should be managing his squad and in this instance that is what he is attempting to do - whether he is right or wrong is another matter.

I could easily be wrong but I reckon the manager wins this issue all the way.

I think you're right, I think he will. I just think he has made yet another mistake.

If we were playing good football consistently and weren't a shambles in teh league fair enough. But for me he is no better than Eck who took a hell of a lot of criticism.

Still doesn't say a whole lot more - looks to me (speculating) that tho whole cliques rumour could be the issue here - could it be Barry was drivinga wedge between the Scottish players and everyone else ?

Who knows - but if DM leaves that as the only explanation we get then PLG will get a whole lot more abuse because that explanation is very non-descript. Without a proper explanation PLG's position could become untenable.

Still doesn't say a whole lot more - looks to me (speculating) that tho whole cliques rumour could be the issue here - could it be Barry was drivinga wedge between the Scottish players and everyone else ?

Who knows - but if DM leaves that as the only explanation we get then PLG will get a whole lot more abuse because that explanation is very non-descript. Without a proper explanation PLG's position could become untenable.

To your first point, I don't beleive that would be the issue, as Boyd and Prso had been cited together today as two players who got themselves in trouble with management and obviously Prso is Croatian and very friendly with some of the French contingent.

To the second point, if that's all that's said it is PLG@S fault, not DM's, because that is all the PLg has seen fit to say. If anything the official report makes PLG come across better than he actually did but that is probably due to language difficulties.

I think its clear what he says - BF is upsetting the dressing room that PLG is trying to create and isnt acting like proper captain. Its Le Guen opinion but thats what it looks like to me.

For the record i agree with Gazza8 earlier in the thread - to slate the manager for this decision so early is wrong. (Add that doesnt mean im slating BF either)