A Supporters Trust IS a single issue entity i.e. to promote democratic supporter ownership e.g. "The purpose of a supporters’ trust is to establish a strong, positive working relationship with the owners of its football club, with a view to supporter input." (Crystal Palace).

Firstly, I'd disagree with the definition that you gave for a number of reasons (no mention of ownership, relationship with the owners is not required) and secondly a Trust doesn't have to be a single issue entity. It wasn't when you were on the board and there's no reason why it can't have other subsidiary interests.

Hey, am I being critical again? :razz:

That is complete and utter nonsense and betrays the fact that those who proposed it have no idea of the concept of a Supporters Trust.

A Supporters Trust IS a single issue entity i.e. to promote democratic supporter ownership e.g. "The purpose of a supporters’ trust is to establish a strong, positive working relationship with the owners of its football club, with a view to supporter input." (Crystal Palace).

No member of the Trust Board should ever be drawn on whether the Easdales are good or bad and whether Jack Irvine is good or bad ; if they can't subscribe to that notion they shouldn't be members of the Board and certainly shouldn't need to "employ" anyone else for that purpose. If the Trust Board can't espouse there own raison d'etre then that shows them in a very poor light indeed.

Why on earth would it be incredible for a Rangers fan to promote fan ownership of Rangers; that is utterly bizarre.

The fact that there had to be a vote on this issue at all is evidence, if any more was needed, that the Trust has lost all credibility and relevance.

To that extent, I think this is the second time in my life that I have agreed with Mr Mark Dingwall; and you can feel free to tell him I said so.

Not planning on getting into a slanging match, but if the Trust is already a single-issue entity, why does it comment on issues which aren't about fan ownership?

Why did a vote on a proposal which would have implemented a policy on that fail?

I think you should double-check the 3 stated aims of the RST if you believe it is a single-issue entity. It clearly isn't.

Firstly, I'd disagree with the definition that you gave for a number of reasons (no mention of ownership, relationship with the owners is not required) and secondly a Trust doesn't have to be a single issue entity. It wasn't when you were on the board and there's no reason why it can't have other subsidiary interests.

Hey, am I being critical again? :razz:

A Supporters’ Trust is a democratic, not-for-profit organisation of supporters, committed to strengthening the voice for supporters in the decision making process at a club, and strengthening the links between the club and the community it serves. - See more at: http://www.supporters-direct.org/homepage/what-we-do/faqs#sthash.NEDFIr66.dpuf

Perhaps I should have referred to its primary purpose but essentially it exists to promote fan involvement/ownership; everything else flows from that.

With he greatest of respect I am uniquely placed to voice an opinion on this as to the best of my knowledge and belief I am this only person on this forum and probably in the UK to have served on the Board of SDUK, SD Scotland (and its first Chair), the Board of RST and as its Secretary.

And that would be a YES :D

Edited by BrahimHemdani

Not planning on getting into a slanging match, but if the Trust is already a single-issue entity, why does it comment on issues which aren't about fan ownership?

Why did a vote on a proposal which would have implemented a policy on that fail?

I think you should double-check the 3 stated aims of the RST if you believe it is a single-issue entity. It clearly isn't.

The Rangers Supporters Trust has one simple aim: to encourage and facilitate supporters of Rangers FC to buy and hold shares in the club in order to influence future decisions.

That seems clear and singular enough to me.

The Trust should not comment on issues outwith that narrow remit. That it does so, and I am happy to take your word for it; does not make it correct.