Lifted from FF. No source given. At least it shows investigation is happening :

Green fingerprinted by fraud cops re Whyte investigation

EX-Rangers chief executive Charles Green was fingerprinted by fraud cops investigating the club's former owner Craig Whyte.

Officers interviewed the businessman in an informal meeting at his lawyer's office in London.

A source said last night: "They wanted Charles" fingerprints to prove he did not sign crucial documents on which his signature mysteriously appeared.

"The detectives guaranteed this was the only purpose. They were at pains to confirm Charles was not under caution."

Yorkshireman Green, 60 - who quit last year - led a consortium which bought Rangers in 2012 following the club?s plunge into administration after Whyte's disastrous nine months at the reins.

Cops are looking into how Whyte, 43, borrowed millions to fund his purchase of Gers from Sir David Murray in 2011.

They want to know whether Green's signature was scanned with a digital gadget and used to rubber-stamp the boardroom paperwork in question - as has been alleged by an internal club inquiry.

Green met two officers last week at his solicitor?s office in Covent Garden, central London.

The source added: "It was a friendly meeting, by appointment. There were sandwiches and coffee laid on and it lasted about an hour, including Charles giving his statement and his prints.

He is happy to help with the police inquiry."

Last night Green confirmed he'd been fingerprinted.

He said: "I met with officers and provided them with elimination fingerprints but categorically confirm this was not under caution but to assist the police with their investigations into Mr Whyte."

Whyte was banned from Scottish football for life in 2012 after an SFA panel ruled he was guilty of 'scandalous business activities' - including failing to stump up £13million in taxes.

The forgery allegation emerged in a probe by lawyers Pinsent Masons, commissioned by Rangers, into his claims that he still has a legal stake in the club.

Whyte insists he was involved with Green in the deal to buy Gers' assets from administrators in May 2012.

But Green claims he hoodwinked the tycoon to gain his co-operation and the keys to Ibrox.

Pinsent Masons considered Whyte had no claim. But his alleged stake was listed in Rangers annual accounts in November as a possible future debt. A source close to Whyte said: "Craig is aware police have been speaking to Green."

A police spokesman said inquiries are ongoing. Rangers = no comment.

Edited by SteveC
Tidy up incorrect punctuation symbols etc.

Unrelated question: Is it just my Firefox version showing >?< instead of >'< in copied texts?

?He is happy to help cop probe? Green met two officers last week at his solicitor?s office in Covent Garden, central London.

It's been happening for some time now and I wonder why? Maybe it happens when people C&P text while using smartphones?

Question marks appear instead of quotation marks on FF so if it is copied from there it will show ? marks. But I suspect you mean if you copy from anywhere? I loved Firefox for years but I'm afraid i was lured by Google Chrome in its pre bloatware days

They can only clear him of not having signed this paper, not all his crimes. What is it with y and Green? Your are obsessed with loving the serial lying, Rangers' robbing c@nt. It's like a Jew admitting Hitler (Whyte) was a bit bad but Himmler's a darling

They can only clear him of not having signed this paper, not al his crimes. What is it with y and Green? Your are obsessed with loving the serial lying, Rangers' robbing c@nt. It's like a Jew admitting Hitler (Whyte) was a bit bad but Himmler's a darling

Mainly because I disagree with summations like this.

With a slight element of fishing.