No expert on all this but seems to me it's too closely related to the RST now, time to start again?

Rangers has had a few difficulties in recent times and the club enjoys a reputation that is not what it should be.

Time to start again?

Hardly the same thing, I can't remember the last time that the RST were looked on favourably

Exactly the same thing.

The RST, like Rangers, will do what it has to do to realise its ambitions.

It isn't for quitters.

I was at the first "town hall" regional meeting tonight in a a packed bar in Wishaw. At the end of the night the 2/3 buses represented all intended taking out Life Memberships and all 50 or so people in the room enthusiastically supported the concept.

If this can be repeated throughout the country not to mention abroad I am convinced that this scheme will quickly break through all its targets.

I am sure it will have at least 1,000 members by the weekend and double that or more by the end of this month.

Very soon there will be a short form that you can print off the web site to hand out to those around you in the stadium.

If everyone sends a text to all their friends who are Rangers fans in their contacts it will spread like wildfire.

There was actually 8 buses represented there out of the 10 invited - Cooper's Owner Davie confirmed this

I was pleased with the turn out - 3 confirmed they were taking out life memberships for their buses' and the other 5 are taking it to their members.

There was unanimous support in the room - we tried prompt them for criticism but they were happy. Thoroughly encouraging

There was actually 8 buses represented there out of the 10 invited - Cooper's Owner Davie confirmed this

I was pleased with the turn out - 3 confirmed they were taking out life memberships for their buses' and the other 5 are taking it to their members.

There was unanimous support in the room - we tried prompt them for criticism but they were happy. Thoroughly encouraging

Pleased to be corrected about the number of buses represented; satnav sent me to field near Newmains so I missed the beginning.

Nice to meet you young man.

Exactly the same thing.

In what way does RST resemble RFC, please be specific?

The RST, like Rangers, will do what it has to do to realise its ambitions.

That's quite a frightening statement really

It isn't for quitters.

So all the board members who have resigned over the past 6/7 years are "quitters"?

Edited by BrahimHemdani
Sorry don't know how to show the quotes individually undere the same author.

So all the board members who have resigned over the past 6/7 years are "quitters"?

The RST isn't going to quit, just like Rangers isn't going to chuck it despite being a near pariah in our society. A bit of mud gets thrown from time to time but it doesn't change the fundamentals or divert attention from the main goal.

Suggestions that it should start again belong in the same category that suggest that Rangers should start again.

Board members will come and go, but the vehicle won't be abandoned or quit.

The RST isn't going to quit, just like Rangers isn't going to chuck it despite being a near pariah in our society. A bit of mud gets thrown from time to time but it doesn't change the fundamentals or divert attention from the main goal.

Suggestions that it should start again belong in the same category that suggest that Rangers should start again.

Board members will come and go, but the vehicle won't be abandoned or quit.

Rangers is a 140 plus year old institution, the RST is a mechanism that has failed as far as I can see

Rangers is a 140 plus year old institution, the RST is a mechanism that has failed as far as I can see

Look a wee bit further.

The RST started the move towards fan ownership. This new group owes its existence to a concept that the RST started in the Rangers family.

Fan ownership only gained credibility as a way forward because the RST put it on the agenda.

That seems like success to me. Even Dave King has moved away from the one person ownership model.

In some respects, the RST has been extremely successful.