Hildy;471458

That seems like success to me.

Owning 0.83% of the shares in oldco and owning 0.86% of the shares in newco?

Some might quibble with your definition of success.

Even Dave King has moved away from the one person ownership model.

Are you saying that he has been influenced by the RST? Do you have any evidence to back that up?

I know what you're saying but I have never stated the BR is better than RF. I will correct people who make incorrect statements though.

That is why I said it is not aimed at you.:)

I feel we should all remember that we have the same goals for our club and are united with in this interest - it doesn't matter whether you are getting involved through Rangers First, BuyRangers, VB's share scheme or any other vehicle - get involved. Choose whichever one suits you and what you think is right for the club and yourself.

Now I am delighted that Rangers First has had, what I would consider, a successful start - but that is all it is. We need to get out there and convince our fellow fans to get involved. We need 20 to 40 to 100 times the number involved at the moment in FO with Rangers. The time is now

I feel we should all remember that we have the same goals for our club and are united with in this interest - it doesn't matter whether you are getting involved through Rangers First, BuyRangers, VB's share scheme or any other vehicle - get involved. Choose whichever one suits you and what you think is right for the club and yourself.

Now I am delighted that Rangers First has had, what I would consider, a successful start - but that is all it is. We need to get out there and convince our fellow fans to get involved. We need 20 to 40 to 100 times the number involved at the moment in FO with Rangers. The time is now

Just a curious question. Has these 650 people already payed money or is it a bit like the scheme when we were in trouble, plenty of people wanting to pay when no money was asked?

Just a curious question. Has these 650 people already payed money or is it a bit like the scheme when we were in trouble, plenty of people wanting to pay when no money was asked?

They will have paid - My money came out yesterday (Monday)

Hildy;471458

Owning 0.83% of the shares in oldco and owning 0.86% of the shares in newco?

Some might quibble with your definition of success.

Are you saying that he has been influenced by the RST? Do you have any evidence to back that up?

Without the RST, there wouldn't have been any fan groups with a holding in Rangers. The RST put fan ownership into play when the club was winning a treble. People viewed the idea as bizarre and unrealistic to begin with. Now, they view it as desirable and worthwhile.

Dave King has rubbished the idea of the club being owned by fans in the past, but now he accepts that the one person ownership model is over.

In other words, he is in tune with the feelings of more and more fans. The concept, begun by the RST, has not gone unnoticed by King. To that extent, the RST has influenced his thinking - just as it has influenced, directly or indirectly, the thinking of every Rangers fan who now believes in fan ownership.

The RST is the mother and father of fan ownership at Rangers, but it is undeniably, regrettably, and perhaps inevitably, a very long pregnancy.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I think 650 people is quite good.

There's a world of difference from converting even genuinely strong interest into hard cash.

The more people that join either scheme the better. As for criticism of the Trust, that's often well deserved but with BR they have a project that is interesting and constructive. With that in mind, I don't think it's fair to suggest they close it just because another similar scheme may be open or that some fans may find it difficult to work with the Trust.

I think the fact that the rangers first team are actively going out , inviting RFC supporters clubs to meeting is very positive

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anybody know if someone is actively targeting the supporters clubs further afield with these schemes? For example the North American ones and Dubai etc I would have thought most of these guys would sign up since they can't really have season tickets I would have thought.