Yes, quite right. And I dread to think what the public perception of the financial competence of Rangers would be. We'd probably end up having to take 'internal' loans and struggle to raise outside finance, although since we have enough money to see us to the end of the season there's no prospect of that happening anyway.

Der Berliner speaks eloquently for all of us, I think. What's past is past! I'm surprised that Mr Easdale feels the need to take legal steps when surely, he can see that we are all delighted with his tenure: the excellent financial performance, the industry standard setting public relations we've seen, that je ne sais quoi which says 'class' at every turn, the ground breaking levels of transparency (to say nothing of the splendid bus service at Bellahouston Pk after the game) and are 100% behind him.

Well, 30% anyway.

And you didn't even get round to complimenting him on a hairstyle that is a credit to the founders of the club.

No need to keep highlighting it all.

It should also be pointed out that just because you were a convicted criminal in 1997 does not necessarily mean that you were untrustworthy at that time and it certainly should not be implied or suggested that you would be untrustworthy 17 years later.

Perhaps you might practice what you preach and afford Dave King the same courtesy as opposed to the constant "unfit to be a director", "criminal" et al.

Perhaps you might practice what you preach and afford Dave King the same courtesy as opposed to the constant "unfit to be a director", "criminal" et al.

I agree, I don't hold it against Sandy Easdale I don't hold Dave King's past against him either.

Please see #124.

My point as regards Mr King was in connection with the "fit and proper" test.

Please see #124.

My point as regards Mr King was in connection with the "fit and proper" test.

It appears both the South African Government (who after all said and done are the people who had the grievance with him) and the South African Stock Exchange have no problem with deeming him fit and proper.

The SFA have already deemed a convicted VAT fraudster to be fit and proper.

It appears both the South African Government (who after all said and done are the people who had the grievance with him) and the South African Stock Exchange have no problem with deeming him fit and proper.

The SFA have already deemed a convicted VAT fraudster to be fit and proper.

Not sure if that's correct because the person to whom I think you refer (assumimg that it is not Mr Whyte) is not a director of the plc.

But in any event, it is more than 10 years since his conviction and he wasn't a director of the club when it suffered an insolvency event, which are the SFA tests.

The SAf may well apply different tests.

The Righteous Brothers?!?!?

I see your Irony Classes are progressing nicely. ;)

Last time I saw haircuts like the Easdales it was on Boardwalk Empire.

For anyone who doesn't know the show, it's set in Atlantic City during the 1920s and is about a gangster masquerading as a buisnessman (played by Steve Buscemi) who has a fairly stupid, useful-idiot younger brother who served time in prison. The show deals with eternal themes of manipulation, betrayal and dishonesty.

I can highly recommend it.

Not sure if that's correct because the person to whom I think you refer (assumimg that it is not Mr Whyte) is not a director of the plc.

But in any event, it is more than 10 years since his conviction and he wasn't a director of the club when it suffered an insolvency event, which are the SFA tests.

How many convicted VAT fraudsters are there on the board of The Rangers Football Club Ltd? Who are members of the SFA, The Rangers Football Club Ltd or RIFC plc?

The SAf may well apply different tests.

Then why do you continually claim Dave King will fail them?

Edited by forlanssister
Shite spelling.