Really we shouldn't be signing anyone until the summer before our top flight return.

I couldn't disagree more.

We should be strengthening the squad with no additional cash impact however. Release the dead wood and bring in fresh talent.

He's been getting very positive reviews over the last 18 months or so, and was spoken of as being a shoo-in for a Scotland place in a few years if he kept up his rate of improvement.

While I can't say as I've seen him play - not toddling along to midweek games at Love Street anymore like I've done since about 1976, no doubt they are delighted to be shot of my sub-human presence - he seems to be an excellent Scottish player with potential. Not sure what the objection would be to that kind of player joining up, tho in truth anyone half intelligent would head south for the money.

I couldn't disagree more.

We should be strengthening the squad with no additional cash impact however. Release the dead wood and bring in fresh talent.

I think we should reduce costs, get rid of dead wood and keep the core of our squad which would still be more than enough for a third promotion.

Players that could help us win the top flight still aren't going to come to us at this stage.