Brown,Thompson and Webster

Guest deanorfc

Guest honeyi
PLG was handed, and binned a file on the best young scottish talent when he arrived at Murray park. The file, compiled by McLeish and Watson contained the names Thomson and Brown (at the top of the list). So, given that, I would say it wasn't PLG who insigated these moves, maybe the 'new manager' has already given DM his 'shopping list'.

Cammy F

I would go with you on that one :thup:

PLG was handed, and binned a file on the best young scottish talent when he arrived at Murray park. The file, compiled by McLeish and Watson contained the names Thomson and Brown (at the top of the list). So, given that, I would say it wasn't PLG who insigated these moves, maybe the 'new manager' has already given DM his 'shopping list'.

Cammy F

I've heard this from a few people, so it makes sense that given our current financial problems we'd be in for this sort of player regardless of who is in charge. Kind of a no-brainer.

As for Webster, he's another player who we've been in for before and also fits the same criteria - wants to play for us, young, lots of potential, SPL experience etc.

I may be wrong but did PLG not state that he was interested in and kept tabs on all good young scottish players. IIRC he didn't deny that he was interested in Brown & Thompson which only stoked the fire on the story..,

I may be wrong but did PLG not state that he was interested in and kept tabs on all good young scottish players. IIRC he didn't deny that he was interested in Brown & Thompson which only stoked the fire on the story..,

Could be true m8, but when he first took over, it was reported (and not denied) that AM had passed PLG a file on potential signings, including Brown and Thomson. PLG promptly thro this in the bin. This heralded much myrth amoungst the Rangers fans, stating that this showed AM didn't know a player.

I wonder how many Austria Vienna players were listed in that file :P

Cammy F

I heard a wee while back that we had agreed a fee for Brown with Hibs but they didn't want him to sign until the summer.

Thomson and Webster I'm not so sure about but I guess targets change for new managers. ;)