The SNP have one core policy anything else is a sideshow or a means to an end

That's either very naive or pretty biased.

The SNP have actually achieved and promoted an awful lot of good things for everyone who lives in Scotland.

But this type of discussion should really be in the Lounge.

We were discussing the OB Act and the implications of Labour promising an appeal.

That's either very naive or pretty biased.

The SNP have actually achieved and promoted an awful lot of good things for everyone who lives in Scotland.

But this type of discussion should really be in the Lounge.

We were discussing the OB Act and the implications of Labour promising an appeal.

Gladly admit i'm biased against them.

But fair enough.

A welcome move.

The binning of bad law should always be celebrated, but it's incredible that the Labour Party is now looking like the good guy in this farce.

It was Labour's Jack McConnell who started the bandwagon rolling, and the SNP only jumped on reluctantly after an Old Firm flare-up. Initially, they were reluctant to legislate, but what was eventually put together was sinister and an affront to freedom and liberal democracy.

What we are seeing though is not just a victory for commonsense and freedom, but also a triumph for Celtic. Its favoured party, the Labour Party, has fallen into line and a future Labour administration will tear up this vile piece of Holyrood junk.

Let's not forget: Celtic rubbished this law publicly, and now, five minutes later, the Scottish Labour Party has committed itself to getting rid of it.

The Rangers support could have opposed this law 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year until the next millennium and not a word would have been altered.

And unlike Celtic, Rangers would never have dared to publicly oppose any law, no matter how repulsive it was.

This is where we are at. Celtic FC is a credible and influential force in football and in Scottish society - and Rangers is a joke - and nothing is going to change any time soon.

A welcome move.

The binning of bad law should always be celebrated, but it's incredible that the Labour Party is now looking like the good guy in this farce.

It was Labour's Jack McConnell who started the bandwagon rolling, and the SNP only jumped on reluctantly after an Old Firm flare-up. Initially, they were reluctant to legislate, but what was eventually put together was sinister and an affront to freedom and liberal democracy.

What we are seeing though is not just a victory for commonsense and freedom, but also a triumph for Celtic. Its favoured party, the Labour Party, has fallen into line and a future Labour administration will tear up this vile piece of Holyrood junk.

Let's not forget: Celtic rubbished this law publicly, and now, five minutes later, the Scottish Labour Party has committed itself to getting rid of it.

The Rangers support could have opposed this law 24 hours a day, seven days a week, 52 weeks a year until the next millennium and not a word would have been altered.

And unlike Celtic, Rangers would never have dared to publicly oppose any law, no matter how repulsive it was.

This is where we are at. Celtic FC is a credible and influential force in football and in Scottish society - and Rangers is a joke - and nothing is going to change any time soon.

That is why there is a strong need for our fans to be defended.

There is a distinct possibility that the concerted rush for repeal would ensure safety for GB/IRA type offensive behaviour while returning to open season on Rangers fans, and Rangers fans alone.

So, while I share the viewpoint that the Act needs some amending, I wouldn't like to see it repealed unless there are some safety mechanisms in place that won't allow the GB/Celtic ultra wing to run riot with impunity.

Since the Act was commenced, they have certainly been reined in (somewhat) and they don't like it one little bit.

That is why there is a strong need for our fans to be defended.

There is a distinct possibility that the concerted rush for repeal would ensure safety for GB/IRA type offensive behaviour while returning to open season on Rangers fans, and Rangers fans alone.

So, while I share the viewpoint that the Act needs some amending, I wouldn't like to see it repealed unless there are some safety mechanisms in place that won't allow the GB/Celtic ultra wing to run riot with impunity.

Since the Act was commenced, they have certainly been reined in (somewhat) and they don't like it one little bit.

I have no problem with Celtic fans publicly displaying their views and exposing their soul. It is a reminder to discerning people everywhere that they should keep a safe distance from this club.

It's far healthier for all concerned that their views are publicly aired. Let the world see them for what they really are.

Putting a gag on them is foolish and naive. It only drives their more sinister elements underground. Keep them in the light. Let everyone see and hear them - and then make their own judgement.

Lhabour signalling their intention to repeal the OB law, will mean the SNP will water down the existing OB laws now. i will predict it will diluted in favour of the terrorist sympathisers, we on the other hand will continue to suffer under this new 'favouritism laws'.

Unless we get politically smart and motivated we're on a hiding to nothing imo.

Edited by aweebluesoandso

Fair enough Hildy, I've got sympathy with that viewpoint.

History, however, doesn't show that they are content with displaying their own behaviour.

They have also been proactive in trying to silence our support.

That is what worries me.

Fair enough Hildy, I've got sympathy with that viewpoint.

History, however, doesn't show that they are content with displaying their own behaviour.

They have also been proactive in trying to silence our support.

That is what worries me.

What worries me is that Celtic have a coherent and influential input into the way football is run, and we don't.

What worries me is that Celtic are influential in politics, and we aren't.

What worries me is that Rangers has become a peripheral force in Scottish football and a complete non-entity in influential circles in society.

What worries me is that the intelligence, intellect and even the will to address our problems is rarely in evidence.

What worries me is that we do not seem to be equipped to deal with the many problems that threaten us.

What worries me is that Celtic have a coherent and influential input into the way football is run, and we don't.

What worries me is that Celtic are influential in politics, and we aren't.

What worries me is that Rangers has become a peripheral force in Scottish football and a complete non-entity in influential circles in society.

What worries me is that the intelligence, intellect and even the will to address our problems is rarely in evidence.

What worries me is that we do not seem to be equipped to deal with the many problems that threaten us.

Agreed with on all counts.

Two options, lie down and take the kicking, or regroup and plan a way forward.