It's by no means certain that Scottish Labour would form part of the next Government in 2016. If it was as a minority Government or as part of a coalition, the promise to repeal this Act could very well prove to be a priority that they would drop as being impossible to effect.

As it stands just now, this is merely a transparently cynical attempt to appeal to their traditional Celtic/IC vote, which as we remember, deserted them in droves last time around.

Given that the likelihood of them having an overall majority is thankfully less than zero, I'm not so worried about this just now. It's just a small part of their overall policy development.

Given some robust evidence out there I'm not sure how they would approach a repeal if they tried.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Justice/law/sectarianism-action-1/football-violence/bill

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_JusticeCommittee/Inquiries/Charges_reported_under_OBFTC_Act.pdf

Obviously the pro Celtic/IC media would whip up a storm - as they did prior to the Act being rolled out!

However, I think the consensus is that many in the Celtic/IC camp did not foresee the Act coming, and had expected their lobbying to result in more one-sided action.

Perhaps this is another attempt to readdress the even-handedness of the Act, and replace it with something more akin to non-legal anti-Rangers witch hunts which have historically proved to be much more effective.

It's by no means certain that Scottish Labour would form part of the next Government in 2016. If it was as a minority Government or as part of a coalition, the promise to repeal this Act could very well prove to be a priority that they would drop as being impossible to effect.

As it stands just now, this is merely a transparently cynical attempt to appeal to their traditional Celtic/IC vote, which as we remember, deserted them in droves last time around.

Given that the likelihood of them having an overall majority is thankfully less than zero, I'm not so worried about this just now. It's just a small part of their overall policy development.

Given some robust evidence out there I'm not sure how they would approach a repeal if they tried.

http://www.scotland.gov.uk/Topics/Justice/law/sectarianism-action-1/football-violence/bill

http://www.scottish.parliament.uk/S4_JusticeCommittee/Inquiries/Charges_reported_under_OBFTC_Act.pdf

Obviously the pro Celtic/IC media would whip up a storm - as they did prior to the Act being rolled out!

However, I think the consensus is that many in the Celtic/IC camp did not foresee the Act coming, and had expected their lobbying to result in more one-sided action.

Perhaps this is another attempt to readdress the even-handedness of the Act, and replace it with something more akin to non-legal anti-Rangers witch hunts which have historically proved to be much more effective.

Some very intersting stuff in the report e.g. 3 out of the 4 matches with the most offences did not involve Celtic or Rangers.

Like choosing between herpes and chlamydia.

It's a nightmare. I usually vote Tory but I voted SNP last time just purely to get Labour out because the candidate was a total scumbag and the labour-led council was trying to build an incinerator on my doorstep.

None of the available parties represent my views anymore, the closest any of them has come is SNP who have done a decent job of the infra-structure, transport etc but are blighted by the anti-British element of their support.

The SNP have one core policy anything else is a sideshow or a means to an end