Does Ally dislike flair players ...........

Is it just a coincidence that all our flair players have been pretty much invisible this year or is it more to do with our manager?

Temps - injured a lot but took him all season to pretty much guarantee a start before his last injury there.

McKay - sent out on loan.

Shiels - gets the nod, does well, scores a HT and is dropped the next week (I think), clearly he isn't a favourite of Ally.

Apart from those 3 guys we literally have zero creativity. OK we are winning but lets be honest our opponents are plumbers/sparks/asda boys ......... we are god damn awful to watch.

Edit: just thought it would be nice if one thread on the first page was actually about football.

Plenty flair about Mohsni while Aird, Macleod and Law have shown as much in glimpses. All can be considered first choice so I'd say that's almost half a team of such players the manager has faith in... :)

I see what you're trying to say but it's possibly more that our style of play reduces such flair rather than not having the talent.

Plenty flair about Mohsni while Aird, Macleod and Law have shown as much in glimpses. All can be considered first choice so I'd say that's almost half a team of such players the manager has faith in... :)

I see what you're trying to say but it's possibly more that our style of play reduces such flair rather than not having the talent.

I was going to included MacLeod but Aird I'm unconvinced about and Mohsni is an accident waiting to happen. Law for me gives us a box to box engine but I wouldn't have him in the flair category, clever player yes.

I watched Aird closely at Albion (Hamilton) and I don't know many 18 year old wingers who WANT to constantly pass it back the way, is he being told to do this? I'm not having a go at the lad I still think he has potential but I'm just concerned he is playing under orders not to attack all the time.

I was going to included MacLeod but Aird I'm unconvinced about and Mohsni is an accident waiting to happen. Law for me gives us a box to box engine but I wouldn't have him in the flair category, clever player yes.

I watched Aird closely at Albion (Hamilton) and I don't know many 18 year old wingers who WANT to constantly pass it back the way, is he being told to do this? I'm not having a go at the lad I still think he has potential but I'm just concerned he is playing under orders not to attack all the time.

No idea but I think Aird is still developing and has done OK so far. He can still improve though for sure.

Law does his best work further forward and has shown glimpses of a good touch and fine finishing. I think he's a creative player but just lacks the self-belief at times.

People keep saying Mohsni is an accident waiting to happen (and he does take daft risks at times) but so far he's not cost us any goals that I can remember and he certainly oozes flair in the way he tries to play the game. In fact, without him attempting to get forward and actually influence the play, I think our attacking efforts would be a whole lot weaker.

Generally speaking the way the team plays certainly lacks of a bit of flair at times but I do think we have the players to provide it.

Brought in alouko etc. So I would say no.

I should have worded it better. I didn't mean in general, obviously guys with Aluko's ability it would be tough to leave him out. What I meant was the flair players currently in the squad, getting the best out of what we have.

For me Ally would pick Crawford to come off the bench at RM than say McKay.

I think it's pretty clear that Ally wants to remain unbeaten and that's No1. I'd rather he experimented with players/systems/tactics/set plays if for anything to just mix up what we have to watch on the park.

People keep saying Mohsni is an accident waiting to happen (and he does take daft risks at times) but so far he's not cost us any goals that I can remember and he certainly oozes flair in the way he tries to play the game.

I think that's more to do with our opposition. He can't afford that against pacey strikers when we play Scumdee soon that's for sure.

He would though I'm not sure mckay brings you any more actual creativity. Flair for the sake of flair is pretty useless or that kept up guy would be at barca.

GS I tend to agree with most things you say .............

but McKay brings no more creativity than Crawford? Come on ......... you started the Friday swally early?